Questions re static vs dynamic DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions re static vs dynamic DOM

I own LTL multibroker NT8 and I have deposited funds to use the static DOM. I have two questions:

1. I can launch NT8 with the "simulation only" license key and then view any type of instrument in either DOM. However, when I launch my fully licensed NT8 I am only able to view futures contracts via the static DOM, and I am not able to view those same futures contracts via the dynamic DOM. Well the static DOM is enabled and I am going to be paying the TT license fee for every futures trade regardless, so why can't I view futures contracts via the dynamic DOM if I were so inclined? Note also that I can view stocks in the dynamic DOM but not in the static DOM, which is of little concern since I don't trade stocks, but still it begs a question. I know there must be some logical explanation ...

2. Why is the process of turning on or off the static DOM so cumbersome? I know this has to do with protecting TT's license rights from abuse (e.g.to prevent someone from monitoring price action on a static DOM while placing orders otherwise) but couldn't the same protection be provided in some less "user unfriendly" way?

Hello jvanelli,

The Static SuperDOM is only supported for futures for live trading. When enabled futures are not available with the Dynamic SuperDOM.

To enable or disable the Static SuperDOM you will need to email the platform sales team at [email protected]
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses