Need help understanding BuySellVolume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help understanding BuySellVolume

I have uploaded a screen shot of the NQ, with two indicators. The top indicator is BuySellVolume(), the lower is VolumeUpDown(). In the chart is a data box that highlights how BuySellVolume.Buys exactly equals VolumeUpDown.UpVolume. The same kind of display happens for every bar. The Buys will equal UpVolume, or the Sells will exactly equal DownVolume.

If BuySellVolume is excluding trades betwixt the bid and the ask, How is this possible?

Also, I've looked at the indicator, and I can't figure out how Sells & Buys are used to form the plots, since neither of these are part of the AddPlot statement.

Cordially,

Hello asteroid,

Thanks for your post.

This is the expected behavior of the indicator. The BuySellVolume indicator displays the Buys/Sells in a "stacked" bar chart form, The sells are shown as the red bar, the buys are placed on top of the sells, together the height of the buySell bar is the total volume which you have verified.

In the region properties, where the plots are made public, the Buys are assigned to Values[0] and the sells are assigned to Values[1] and in the OnBarUpdate() you can see that the stacked bar is created with the Buys[0] = buys + sells and sells is equal to just sells.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes