Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci retracements

Hi,

I am new to NT, and as such exploring the possibilities for charting / drawing etc.

Am I right in saying that there is no way to change the color, and solid/dash/dot & width appearance of an entire drawing of fibonacci lines, other than to edit each line separately and then save a new template? If so, this should definitely be addressed in a future update, imo. Sure I can do a set of templates with different colors, and different lines, but.. I also would like to have time to trade.. :-)

Also, is it correct that there is no possiblity of having a hotkey combination to bring up the overview window of drawing objects on the chart??? I have to right-click, choose "Drawing tools", and then in that menu choose "Drawing objects".. It seems to be the only drawing menu item not avaliable as a hotkey. If I am not wrong, why on earth did the developers leave that one out? It is very handy to be able to manage your drawings in one place, but a bit tedious to get there..

But other than that, NT8 seems to be a very robust and high quality piece of software. Can't wait to get to know it better.

Cheers,
    Martin

For fibs there are very light lines that you can click on and get to the edit dialog for that fib. Select it, click on right mouse and choose properties.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chartish; 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Hello martin011235,

Thank you for your note.

You should be able to pull up the Drawing Object Properties window of the Fib by double left clicking on the light lines. As for a hotkey specifically for the drawing object menu, this does not currently exist but I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

As a note, with the new version of NinjaTrader 8 there is an indicator "Drawing Tool Tile" that you can add to your chart for quicker access to Drawing Objects.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thank you Chris,

Yes, the lines between the start and stop points take me to the dialog, and that's fine. But if your fib is very large, like when it has been drawn on f.i. Daily timeframe, and then viewed on a 5 min chart, you have to scroll endlessly to find that diagonal line. It's workable, but not optimal.

Anyways, thank you for your kind assistance.

Cheers,
        Martin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post guillembm  
        Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
        9 responses