ATM Strategy to scale into positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy to scale into positions?

Hello - is it possible to create an ATM Strategy of sorts where I can scale into a setup? For example, on the ES say I want to go long in two different locations, 2740 and 2737. I would still use my same stop and target(s) as a single entry.

Southpaw,

Thanks for the question.

You would need to use two entry orders to accomplish this. If it's your goal to use the same exact stop and target levels, you'll want to wait for your initial entry order to fill which would submit your stop and target orders. You would then submit the second entry order at your desired 'scale in' price.

There is no way to use ATMs to scale in automatically. This would be possible to automate via NinjaScript.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Southpaw,

Thanks for the question.

You would need to use two entry orders to accomplish this. If it's your goal to use the same exact stop and target levels, you'll want to wait for your initial entry order to fill which would submit your stop and target orders. You would then submit the second entry order at your desired 'scale in' price.

There is no way to use ATMs to scale in automatically. This would be possible to automate via NinjaScript.
      Hello, I'm facing the same situation.
      1. Initial Entry: I enter a position with 1 contract, and the system assigns a target and stop-loss for this first contract.
      2. Scaling In: When I reach the desired price level to add another contract, I want to include this additional contract within the same target and stop-loss levels established for the first contract.

My question is: How can I add this additional contract to the existing target and stop-loss established for the initial fill?

Comment

Hello bobperez,

Can you please right click in the order entry window and select 'Properties'. Set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Select active ATM strategy on order submission' and click OK. If you now scale into a position, the ATM orders of the 2nd entry order will be combined with the ATM orders of the 1st entry order.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes