Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help..!! Orders Filling Automatically.. How to disable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help..!! Orders Filling Automatically.. How to disable..

Hello,

I'm new to Ninjatrader...

When I open up a new chart (I'm connected to the demo continuum), the chart will always paint a buy or sell signal and then eventually it will audibly say "Order filled" I'll open up the chart trader and it will have an order filled displayed..! Is this something that I may have enabled and not known I did it..?? I'd like to disable this event.. How can I do that..? And always the chart will always paint buy and sell signals on it too for no apparent reason...

Thanks Michael

Mykro,

It sounds like you may be leaving active orders on the Sim101 account then shutting down NinjaTrader, or the simulator has become corrupt in some way. We advise that you reset the Simulation account to resolve this item. Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button

Comment

Patrick,
      There is nothing in the Accounts tab that says "Simulation Account".. when I right click the tab the options that are available is either "Rename", Duplicate Tab, or "Move to new window".

Michael

Comment

When connected, you should see something link this in the Accounts tab:

Right-click on the row which has 'Sim101' as the display name and follow my steps.

Comment

Hello,

The same problem is doing it again... I'll have a chart open and I'll hear an "Order filled" and I'll see it appear on the chart... I then open up the chart trader to cancel an order... Good thing I'm only connected to the demo account.. This will need to get fixed...

Comment

In post #2, I suggested that you may be leaving active orders when you shut down. These orders are then filling when you open/reconnect.

Do you have active orders when you shut down NinjaTrader?

When you close down NinjaTrader, are you prompted with a message that states something like "You have x active orders and x open positions, do you really want to shut down?"

Comment

Patrick,

I do not shut down with an active order or an open position since your post #2.. I make sure everything is turned off before I shut down.. I will open the chart trader to make sure I'm flat before I shutdown now regardless..

Comment

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2173324 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Hello,

Whats the scoop on a fix for this automatic robo trading scenario.. Is there someplace to turn this option off..? Or is it an option..?

Thanks Michael

Comment

We do not have any solution because I haven't heard back from you via email. I've been trying to follow up with you via email but you have not responded.

Please check your junk and spam folders for messages from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and ensure these messages are allowed to arrive in your inbox. I am sending this message from both my personal work and the main support email addresses. Please respond to the emails from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com if you're receiving them.

If you can't find the emails, write in a new mail and reference "2177316 ATTN Patrick G"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tim-c
                    by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes