Question about Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Strategy Analyzer

When I run an optimization for yesterday and today, the displayed finished chart displays only up to 2.5 hrs before the present time.
    If the optimization is run at 8 am the chart is displayed to 5:30 am. Time frame start/end date = yesterday (date) to today.

What are the controlling factors here? I would like it to optimize to the present time?

I am using the 5min time frame and the default 24x7 trading hours and my Strategy hours between 1:30 am to 11:30 pm

I tried to edit my post and the edit isn't working.

What is happening is that the first time I perform an optimization the end time of the chart is current to today. If I re-run the chart an hour later the chart end time is behind the current time.

If I cancel the window and start afresh and run the optimization again the end time of the chart will be current again ? seems if you do not renew the window of Strategy analyzer there is some sort of memory betweenreruns if you don't use an entirely new strategy analyzer window ?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

I'll give this a test and I will let you know what I find.

I appreciate your patience.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello fredfred,

I am not able to reproduce.

Below is a link to a video of the test. All data loaded up to the current time.

(My microphone isn't working in the video, but i'm explaining that I ran the first test at 10:12 AM Eastern and then waited 1 hour without touching anything and then clicked the run button again at 11:11 AM Eastern and the data loaded without any issue. This is while connected to Kinetick for data.)

Are you connected to a datafeed when running the optimization?
        If you open a chart to the same instrument does it load the historical data?
        Are you seeing any errors about disconnections in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If you follow the same steps with the SampleMACrossOver included with NinjaTrader using the same settings, are you getting different behavior than what is showing in the video?

Comment

Hello Chelsea

Thank you for testing this and I have studied the video.

Yes I always connect and optimize when connected to a live data feed and in trading hours, and when it starts I can see that historical data is being downloaded. I can see no errors when the optimization has completed.

The problem is if optimization is completed and then re-run say 2 hrs later just by clicking "RUN" again it does not produce results that reflect the time difference has moved on 2 hrs and is stuck on completed at the old time. If I renew the window and optimize the completed time is accurate and up to date.
          Also I found it necessary to have a chart open of the instrument being optimised
          I will try this on the strategy you mentioned ASAP
          Last edited by fredfred; 06-05-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Please try the exact steps shown in the video. If you are getting different behavior, we create a new testing environment and test again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses