Feature Request: Add Label on drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Add Label on drawings

Hi I couldn't find a way to add a label to my horizontal or vertical line drawing on my charts. I provide some screenshot out of my thinkOrSwim platform to show you what I'm looking for and I attached them for you here and the second thing when I draw vertical line or highlighted area I need my drawing to draw on both panel at the same time like the example in the picture when I draw vertical line it automaticely draw it on my volume and rsi indicator for example. if there is no way for now to do such a thing I would love to see this simple options on my drawing tools at the next releases. Thank you so much in advance.

Hello TheGameOfProbabilities,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

Please take a look at the "Labeled lines Drawing Tool" in the NT user apps as provided by NinjaTrader_Jim.

The tool allows you to automatically label the lines with price and can optionally add text to the line. The tool provides individual font size, type and color.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

If you double click on a Drawing Object you can change the Attach to dropdown to "All Charts" to make this object Global, and click on the template button near the bottom> Save as> "Default" to make this the default setting moving forward.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much that would help for now but when you pay like $1500 for lifetime license these little options should come by default like the most of other charting software please consider to add these features in the next releases. Thank you again for your big help.

Comment

I agree with Game. This is a fundamental feature that should be added to all drawings.

Comment

TheGameOfProbabilities, chartish,

Thanks for replying to this thread.

I'll be happy to submit your feedback on this item as a Feature Request. Feature Requests are considered as possible additions or changes to future releases of the platform. You can check the Release Notes to check whether your request has been implemented or not:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes Please submit the feature request NT8 should have these basic features by default like most of the other charting software. Thank you so much for your help and understanding. let me know the feature reference code so I can check in the next releases. right now 8.0.18.1 not have that. That's the current version installed on my computer.

Comment

I agree. This should be a included feature. I don't like the indicator form Jim because it's not possible to change the font and the labels have all the same color.
              In NT7 there were better indicators for labeling horizontal lines. I'm surprised there's not a single good indicator for labeling lines in NT8.
              I hope this feature is included soon!

Comment

I see this thread was created 5 years ago. It honestly kills me to say NinjaTrader, you guys have failed us in this aspect. To be able to label rectangles and lines can be highly detrimental to the work of trading. Take this year difference to show the wants vs improvements that have come from NT8, ESPECIALLY when you guys rolled out the new update and changed the entire look of your user interface. $1,500 PER license, and can't get some dang labeling options. I wonder if TradingView is looking for another customer?...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888