Collapse

Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server & Information Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server & Information Server

Hello Support

All of a sudden I keep getting the following errors in the log and I can't load any chart data?

1 - Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-003.ninjatrader.com
    2 - Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Information Server: is-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com

I've disconnected and reconnected my live feed (FXCM). I've restarted NT8 and restarted my computer - still same errors?

How do I troubleshoot this issue?

My internet connection is working!

I'm busy with trades!

There are no issues with our historical data servers today, so this symptom must necessarily be local to your PC or the path between your PC and our servers.

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end

Comment

Thanks Patrick

Looks like Clearing the DNS made the difference!

I've never experienced this before. Should we clear the DNS on a regular basis as part of "maintenance" or only if this problem occurs?

Thanks for the help

Comment

The steps I've provided above are meant to troubleshoot/fix a specific symptom. I would not consider any of these steps regular maintenance.

Comment

Thanks Patrick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
          5 responses