New Oanda V20 account not updating price once connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Oanda V20 account not updating price once connected

Am I the only one trading forex with Oanda who's account was updated to a V20 account from a Legacy account and now I can connect
    to Oanda's server it will not update the data (froze on the time when connected). I have a new V20 id but can find NO place to change
    id numbers in NT8

dukeoferl,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20190610.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There's also trading issues with market orders not getting filled. I had to use limit orders to open or close positions.

Comment

jrtrader,

Oanda has let us know they are checking into a backend issue that has prevented successful order submission. We're awaiting an update indicating that this has been resolved at this time, but I'll update here as more information becomes available.

It's unclear if the issue regarding real time charting updates is related at this point.

Comment

all,

We have received word that this back end issue appears to be resolved. Please restart the platform and reconnect. If anyone reading this message continues to see this behavior after doing so, please use the above posted instructions to write in to Platform Support so I may check into this matter further.

Comment

It looks like the order submission problems are back this morning. I'll try to contact Oanda.

Comment

Account positions aren't updating with Oanda. Apparently I still have open positions from yesterday which I was unaware of. That's why my orders were being rejected (because of max account leverage). Still waiting for a response from Oanda.

Comment

My order submission problems are back this morning Oanda customer support is of NO help.

Comment

Again unable to execute trades with Oanda, their support is useless.

Comment

dukeoferl,

Thanks for posting back.

You were definitely correct to contact your Orders Desk/Brokerage when you saw any unexpected behavior with your orders. However, I'm happy to review your files as well and provide any insight I can on this behavior. Currently, we haven't received other reports of Order Submission issues with Oanda from other users so this may be an isolated incident.

For order submission items, I'd like to see the log and trace files. You can send these quickly through the platform under Help -> Email Support. Make sure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked to include these files. This should be checked by default.

Please also provide a link to this forum post and mention "ATTN: Drew" in the message.

Comment

dukeoferi,

Make sure you don't have any open positions that you are unaware of in your Oanda account. I had this problem on Tuesday morning of order rejections, so I logged into my Oanda account management and looked under fund management. Apparently margin was being used for open positions which didn't show in Ninjatrader. I still have phantom open positions when I connect Ninja to Oanda. Hopefully they clear up this issue over the weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton