Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SharpDx dll hell

Hi!

I want to use some advanced logic with SharpDX.Direct3D9 and SharpDX.Direct3D11.

I copied corresponding dlls (SharpDx v.2.6.3 for .net framework 4.0) and added references to it.

But I always get the next error
    The type 'SharpDx.comObject' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'SharpDx, version=2.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. This tells me that I have to add some version numbers

Similar problem
    I'm preparing a brand new ASP.NET MVC 5.1 solution. I'm adding in a bunch of NuGet packages and setting it up with Zurb Foundation etc. As part of that, I've added a reference to an in-house NuGet

Hello fut_practic,

This is outside of what is supported by the NinjaScript Support team, however this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello fut_practic,

This is outside of what is supported by the NinjaScript Support team, however this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
      Are you serious about that this problem is out of tech support of NT team?

Please, close your eyes on the SharpDx. It doesn't matter in fact.

The fact is that I can't compile ninja script because
      1) I use some 3rd party libraries, but it's ok.
      2) I use 2 different versions of parts of that library. And this is also ok. No any restrictions on this. The thing is that 2 components has confilct caused by compiler. Compiler can't understand what version to use.
      3) I have to point what version to use

It's very simple.

And I ask the advice from NT team how to do this by standard tools from NT software (code editor, come config files) or using Visual Studio

Thanks

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

This is correct, we would not be able to assist with using any 3rd party libraries and assembly dlls.

I can help with what is documented in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on SharpDx and I can direct you to a few examples that use documented code.

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

This is correct, we would not be able to assist with using any 3rd party libraries and assembly dlls.

I can help with what is documented in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on SharpDx and I can direct you to a few examples that use documented code.
          Thank you, I understood about documented items

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

But this is general question.
            I need only advice how to tell compiler that it has to use particular .NET assembly for my particular script
            And it doesn't matter is it standard .NET assembly or 3rd party assembly (because I may want to use some official .NET 3.5 code in the current .NET 4+)
            And also it doesn't matter is my script working or not

Comment

Hello fut_practic,

NinjaTrader 8 was created targeting .NET 4.5. We would not be able to assist with targeting any other version of .NET or with any 3rd party assemblies.

Once a script has a reference, it's called through the namespace and class path written within the code of that file.

If the dll is using the same namespace as SharpDX in NinjaTrader 8, I would expect this to error and not work at all. You would need customize that project to use different namespaces which means you would probably need the open source project to modify and then re-compile.

If the namespaces are different, I would expect that it should be accessible through that namespace once the assembly has a reference. I'm not aware of any further way of accessing a 3rd party assembly.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-16-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fut_practic View Post

But this is general question.
                I need only advice how to tell compiler that it has to use particular .NET assembly for my particular script
                And it doesn't matter is it standard .NET assembly or 3rd party assembly (because I may want to use some official .NET 3.5 code in the current .NET 4+)
                And also it doesn't matter is my script working or not
                Did you add a "using" statement for the namespace(s) that contain your dlls?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Nyman
                by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                9 responses
                1 like