Order Flow Volume Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile

I am unable to use the order flow volume profile as part of the 30 day free trial. I downloaded the Ninja Trader 8 platform as I would like to trial a volume trading strategy I read about where they recommended this platform, I find it odd that this is not a part of the free trial. Please can you advise on whether I am doing something wrong or this is truely the case?

Hello TraderFoes,

Order Flow + will only be available with the purchase of a lifetime license. We do not offer this feature with the free version of our platform. Here are some links where you can learn all about Order Flow + to see if these features are right for you:The lifetime license is available for single broker use for either a one-time payment of $1099 or four monthly payments of $329. You may review the purchase options for NinjaTrader at the link below:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Christopher...I like the Order Flow Volume Profile but it's missing a significant feature in the Order Flow Volume Profile 'Visual' Parameters. This feature would be a function to have the complete session profile on a 5 minute screen to the end of the session. The current profile only goes to the left or right edge of the screen. Any way to correct this?
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-28-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

If you increase the "Profile width (%)" property to 100, does this accomplish what you desire?

Comment

No...On a low time-frame chart you would have to scroll left to see the full session profile or place it on a much larger monitor. Also if I change the Profile Period to Composite the profile data only starts with the first bar on the chart.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Here is an example of a 5 minute chart with two 100% profiles in view:

What would need to be different about this chart? Alternatively, send me a screenshot that shows what you're currently seeing and point out what needs to be different.

Comment

There is a DValueArea indicator in the forums that shows the full session profile plotted on your screen regardless of the time frame or size of the monitor. Maybe there is some code within that indicator that could be utilized for the canned NinjaTrader 8 Order Flow Volume Profile that would allow this same function.

Comment

Here are examples of a 10 minute and a 15 minute NQ chart. The 15 minute is not a problem. It's when you get to the smaller time frame that the profile from the start of the session is hidden from view unless I would scroll left or place on a larger screen. Try placing three charts side by side, each with progressively higher time frames. You will see that the profiles on the lower time frames become hidden from view.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zoomy View Post
                  Here are examples of a 10 minute and a 15 minute NQ chart. The 15 minute is not a problem. It's when you get to the smaller time frame that the profile from the start of the session is hidden from view unless I would scroll left or place on a larger screen. Try placing three charts side by side, each with progressively higher time frames. You will see that the profiles on the lower time frames become hidden from view.
                  Just a thought.
                  Have you tried setting the Profile to plot from Right to Left - Or - tried setting up different "Session Templates" to apply to the Profiles to give you the Overnight and the RTH Session info?

I guess it depends what Info you think is relevant?

I like to break apart the Overnight and RTH Session info and then (on the far right border) have a 5 Day (or greater) lookback period to see where in the Profile price is trading on a longer term basis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OrderFlowVolumeProfile Example.png
Views:	557
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	1062279

Comment

TopGunNote , thanks for provided some options here.

zoomy , there really isn't a way to make a full session profile physically fit into a narrow chart other than what TopGunNote suggested. The full width/height of the profile needs to be displayed in some way or else we obscuring the profile in some way.

Comment

TopGunNote...Thank you for your screen shot and thoughts. So as I understand it the NinjaTrader Order Flow Volume Profile will not fit on a narrow chart with a low time frame as it does not auto-adjust to the first price bar on the left side of the screen. Attached is a screenshot of a 400 Tick NQ chart with the forums DValueArea volume profile indicator (Tomato) on the left and a 5 day NinjaTrader Order Flow Volume Profile (CornFlowerBlue) on the right. As you can see the DValueArea volume profile shows the entire session profile. Maybe this is something that NinjaTrader could do to upgrade or improve their Order Flow Volume Profile indicator.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think I've found a work-around for what you'd like - change the 'Profile type' to 'Composite', the 'Compose by' to 'Days back', and the 'Days back' to '1'.

Comment

That works for me. Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH