BIOS Update - Update All Licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Update - Update All Licenses

Every time my computer updates its bios I have to get vendors to update the machine ID they have for me in addition to reentering my licensing information into NinjaTrader. Why is there not a better solution implemented in NinjaTrader 8? By that I really mean, there is no other piece of software on my computer that has this licensing issue except NinjaTrader--this seems like a stupid issue for the next generation NinjaTrader 8 to have.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Comment

Right...and NinjaTrader is still the only software that I pay for that has this licensing issue, including other trading software.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

There is no 'licensing issue with NinjaTrader' per se. Your add-on vendors choose to license their products using your machine ID and that machine ID can change as I elaborated on in my first post.

I have submitted a feature request to the Development Team to adjust/change how a machine ID works to mitigate frequent changes to the machine ID, however, I doubt this will change since the benefits of this security feature which prevent catastrophic compromise of your live trading account information outweigh the inconvenience of having to re-enter information/contact developers.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2869. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18