Unhandled Exception: The current process has used all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception: The current process has used all

For the last 3 days I have been getting this error between 12:00am - 5:00am. I am running a very simple script on four charts of different instruments (3 Sim & 1 live ). Any idea how I can correct this? Checking on Microsoft site, they are pointing to corruption in the registry. If I have to uninstall , where in the registry would I locate the files and what are the names?.
    I was unable to attach an excel file, see below the error message.
    6/13/2019 0:57 Default Unhandled exception: The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects
    6/13/2019 0:57 Default Unhandled exception: The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects

Helloakitenge, thanks for your post.

This error arises when the process (NinjaTrader in this instance) is creating too many objects. It would take a profiling of the custom script to determine if this is, in fact, caused by the script. Since you say the script is simple, it could be a registry problem, but I have little expertise with the Windows registry so I couldn't say if that would be the cause. You would need to take the PC into a Windows expert or just reinstall Windows completely if you believe this is the cause.

Lastly, please make sure you are running the latest version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.18.1 (Help>About) If you are not on this update, please update by running the installer from the link below:
    NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If you did not write this script, I would recommend letting the developer know you are seeing this error come up in case they have any insight on the problem.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris, strangely this is a new pc that is used for trading only. On my other pc where I an running the same script with NQ/ YM/ RTY / G6E, 6 charts with the same script not issue at all.
      I am very comfortable with Registry, I just need to know the location of the files and the name.
      Thanks again.
      Adiano

Comment

Hi akitenge, thanks for your reply.

This might be due to my lack of knowledge in the Windows registry, I am not sure what files you need.

There is a "NinjaTrader 8" folder in the Documents folder, this folder holds all user settings and data.

The installation folder is in the ProgramFiles x86 directory.

If you don't mind re-installing your indicators and setting up a new workspace, do a complete re-install of the platform. To do this, rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in your Documents to "NinjaTrader 8OLD", then run the newest installer again, select "repair" in the installer. This will generate a new user folder in the Documents. Run NinjaTrader without any addons to see if your get the problem. This could also simply be caused by this particular PC not having enough memory to process the request.

Best regards.

Comment

To determine if it is the script, run NT8 as you have been without the script for a couple of days, and then run it with the script. Then you will know.

Comment

Thank you ChrisL & Chartish

Comment

Has there been any resolution to this issue? My first investigation on the windows error suggested it was literally too many opened and not disposed windows like a pop up window… I don’t have any pop up windows— in reading the discussion above, it sounds like it could be too many NT “objects”

can you clarify whether NT “objects” are drawing objects on charts ? Brushes?

finally is there a way to actually capture whenever an object is opened, closed and find out how many objects are in use ?

this is very difficult to diagnose otherwise…

thanks…

and for those having this issue, I did not have any of these problems on a much old 16 GB ram , I5 cpu

but on my 32GB, Xeon cpu pc, running the exact same NT charts and scripts, etc.

Jim-Boulder
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Hi Jim, I never made a report on this because we were never able to reproduce this. My assumption is that the platform reaches the limit of WPF Windows (the UI Framework used by NinaTrader 8) designated by the particular Windows installation. I am not aware of any way to profile this, there might be a tool you can use in Windows but I am not aware of one from my experience (possible visual studio). I would need a consistent way to reproduce this to confirm that its an issue that can be experienced on all installations of Windows/NinjaTrader.

Kind regards,
                -ChrisL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Gerik
                by Gerik