Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 volume analysis

Hello,

in the attached screenshot there is announced that with NinjaTrader Volumetric Bars one can identify unfinished auction, absorption and other patterns. I can´t find where to set for coloring or textmarks for such activities. If the identifiying is done by traders knowledge then it is not a product advantage of NinjaTrader as described. If I´m wrong and it can be identified by NinjaTrader and not the traders calculation on its own then please show where this can be done, and sorry if I´m wrong.

Best regards
    Tony
    Attached Files

Here are examples of how some of these items can be seen:
    • Unfinished auctions patterns are where there is an imbalance in buys/sells at the top/bottom of a bar (identifiable by looking at the numbers at the top and bottom or the bars, made easier using show imbalance)
    • Volume clusters are just areas where the most volume is seen (can be seen by looking at the numbers, made easier by looking at the opacity of the colors)
    • Exhaustion is when a series of price levels near the top or bottom of a bar are all dominate on the buy or sell side (this could be seen by looking at the numbers, made easier by coloring the dominant side and looking at the colors)
    Here is a link with more information on configuring your Volumetric bars:

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your reply. Unfinished auction is when bid and ask at high or low are a number > 0, my question was if this can be set in the parameters to highlight the price where it occurs. Attached see a screenshot from an indicator I made for my use with backcoloring the whole bar of course, but I´d prefer to see it at the price where it occurs (as it can be set in other software which I dont want to mention here).

Best regards
      Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 06-17-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

If you enable 'show imbalance' then change 'imbalance ratio' to 'horizontal' you will see the imbalance highlighted in top or bottom cells:

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your reply. But then one can not use the imbalance as it shoud be diagonal.

And please see the attached screenshot from my parameters. And why isnt there Imbalance mode in my parameters?

For having the unfinished auction visible on the chart I use backcolor. Why is the chart squeezed when I have not checke autoscale in the indicator when using volumetic with updowntick please? With bidask it is not squeezed (but one can not use bidask with forex)

??

Thank you!
          Tony
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tonynt; 06-17-2019, 12:42 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

It looks like the setting I was referring to is not yet available in the public version of NinjaTrader.

What you desire (highlighting of the bottom cell imbalance) would not be possible if you desire to keep the imbalance set to diagonal. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3666. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-19-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader