Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dots cause scaling issue when volumetric bar is set to "UpDownTick"

Hello,

I was looking a lot and added, removed, changed, shut down, restarted.... but its not in my public version. ok.

Can you please refer to the 2nd part of the question, what might be the reason that volumetric bar/chart is squeezed as in the attached screenshot when switching to updowntick. When I get back to bidask (which makes no sense in forex) bars are ok (not the numbers of course, because all bid size) and not sqeezed anymore.

I have the indicator autoscale unchecked, and the indicator does only backcoloring and a dot 1 tick above high or below low.

Thank you!
    Tony

Apologies - I didn't notice that edit.

We've been speaking about Order Flow Volumetric which is a bar type. Are you referring to this bar type when you're using the word 'indicator'? If so, I cannot recreate any sort of change in my scale when I disable 'auto scale' in my data series. Can you provide screenshots which demonstrate the behavior when auto scale is disabled and when it is enabled?

If you're actually referring to an indicator, what indicator are you referring to?

Comment

Hello,
      thank you for your reply. I have made a simple indicator with plotting a dot 1 tick above high or 1 tick below low of the volumetric chart when certain conditions true and backcoloring when certain conditions true. I use this indicator with forex instruments and datafeed fxcm. Yesterday it occurred that the bars were sqeezed as you can see in the screenshot I sent. (when I switched to bidask, which makes no sense with forex, but for testing purposes) the bars were plotted ok.. When switching back to updowntick in parameters of volumetric chart it was sqeezed again. Today it is plotting OK even with updowntick. Strange. (screenshot squeezed from yesterday and screenshot today attached)

Thank you!
      Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

I moved this into it's own topic as it is unrelated to the original topic you had posted.

Please attach the indicator so I may test it on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post BarzTrading