Market Replay - Unable to choose historical date for replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay - Unable to choose historical date for replay

Hopefully I'm placing this in the right place but if I''m not then please let me know where to go.

I've been trying to use Market Replay for the NQ 06-19 contract starting from the beginning of May but I've only been able to run through this period once. Otherwise the data wants to start at 06-06-2019 only and doesn't go back any further although it shows that I have the data downloaded for replay.

All my charts point to NQ 06-19 as the active contract but I will admit I have new contracts loaded into the market analyzer. Is this what's causing the issue? Again I was able to run May data once over the weekend but when I logged off and logged back in the system went back to its original ways.

Thanks in advance

Hello Jschmelz,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

I have provided a link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:
    To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Market Data > check 'Enable market recording for playback' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time. Please see the following help guide page for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ReplayRecorder
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server.

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.

To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.

Please see the following help guide page for more information:

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Playback connection.

To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Marco. However, I have downloaded the data through the Ninjatrader server (logging in through Markey Replay). As I stated originally I was able to play May data once but most frequently when I try to load for simulation Market Replay will only go back to June 6. I can send screenshots or a short video when I get home. I don't understand why I can replay the data once but then unable once I log off / log in.

Comment

Jschmelz,

Could you please provide the screenshots you're referring to at your convenience?

Thanks in advance.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached are some photos of what I'm talking about. Market Replay shows all the historical data I have for the NQ 06-19 contract. Market Replay Chart shows that I'm using the NQ 06-19 contract in the charts. Finally the Market Replay - June 6 is the date screen that won't go back before June 6th - ie if I change it to May 22nd it just reverts back to June 6th.

If you need more info then let me know. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jschmelz,

Thanks for replying.

Just to clarify, are you seeing the date revert when using the "Go To" feature, or when changing the "From" date to a date prior to the 6th?

Comment

Hey Drew, I've tried both the 'Go to' and the 'From' with similar results. Is the 'Go To' feature more reliable?

Comment

Either option should be functional, I just wanted to make sure I confirmed the steps you were taking.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20190619.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Hey Drew - just sent an email with the requested info. Please let me know if you may need anything else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post philmg
                  by philmg

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                  1 response