Can't import scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't import scripts

I had a install fail during import and now when I try to import, I receive the error, "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These erros must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript archive file. Suggestions? Thanks,

This is on NT8 actually, did not realize I was in the wrong forum if that makes a difference.

Comment

Hello sisenberg,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
      For NinjaTrader 8:
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
      • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
      • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There was an error about missing .dll's so I pasted those into the folder and ran the compiler again. Now it is giving me an error message about removing a duplicate assembly but I have no idea on where/how to do that. Also, I do not even care about this indicator pkg anymore, just need to get this resolved. Thanks.

Comment

I suspect you now have duplicate files causing the error. I cannot see the full error, so it would be best if you could write in so we can remotely connect to correct the error.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2186705 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Did you receive the log and trace files? Thanks,

Comment

Yes, I emailed you approximately 5 hours ago (shortly after you sent the files). Please check your junk/spam folders for messages from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. If you can't find it, write in a new message to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and reference "2186705 and 2187174 ATTN Patrick G" with a link to this forum post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH