• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OrderFlow+ Volume Profile proportions mismatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderFlow+ Volume Profile proportions mismatch

Good morning,

I recently purchased a lifetime NT8 license specifically to use the Volume Profile included in the OrderFlow+ pack.

After plotting a Volume Profile on each candle of a daily chart (DAX future in the image attached), I noticed a strange behavior that invalidates the whole purpose of the Volume Profile: for example, as you can see in the image attached, the volume profile bar n. 1 represents a volume of 682 contracts, while the bar n. 2, belonging to the volume profile of the next day represents a volume of 1.153 contracts despite being shorter than bar n. 1!

So, it seems every single daily volume profile il proportioned on its own values with no regard to the other days' volume.
    Without proportions of each volume profile being calculated on all the plotted daily volume profiles at the same time, it becomes impossible to visually compare volume areas across the different days, wich is a key purpose of the indicator itself.

I tried solve the problem acting on the "Auto Scale" and on the "Profile Width" properties of the indicator (attached), with negative result.

I kindly ask for assistance to the NT team

Best Regards

Volume profiles have no relation to each other. Each profile is scaled to fit within their designated x-axis space. So if one day the largest price volume area was 10 and another day the highest price volume area was 500, they both would be the same length since they both were the largest for that period

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4069. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM.
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Patrick,

I look forward to the inteagration of the feature on the platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ct, Today, 01:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ct
      by ct

Started by 7robert, Today, 01:13 PM
      1 response
      0 likes