Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderFlow+ Volume Profile proportions mismatch

Good morning,

I recently purchased a lifetime NT8 license specifically to use the Volume Profile included in the OrderFlow+ pack.

After plotting a Volume Profile on each candle of a daily chart (DAX future in the image attached), I noticed a strange behavior that invalidates the whole purpose of the Volume Profile: for example, as you can see in the image attached, the volume profile bar n. 1 represents a volume of 682 contracts, while the bar n. 2, belonging to the volume profile of the next day represents a volume of 1.153 contracts despite being shorter than bar n. 1!

So, it seems every single daily volume profile il proportioned on its own values with no regard to the other days' volume.
    Without proportions of each volume profile being calculated on all the plotted daily volume profiles at the same time, it becomes impossible to visually compare volume areas across the different days, wich is a key purpose of the indicator itself.

I tried solve the problem acting on the "Auto Scale" and on the "Profile Width" properties of the indicator (attached), with negative result.

I kindly ask for assistance to the NT team

Best Regards

Volume profiles have no relation to each other. Each profile is scaled to fit within their designated x-axis space. So if one day the largest price volume area was 10 and another day the highest price volume area was 500, they both would be the same length since they both were the largest for that period

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4069. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Thank you Patrick,

I look forward to the inteagration of the feature on the platform.

Comment

Good morning,

I kindly ask for an update about the feature request I submitted in June (SFT-4069). I noticed on other specialized forums that it's a matter sought after by several other users of the platform, but I couldn't find it on the latest updates released.
        As I didn't specify it on the June request, I'd like to point out that the feature has to be extended to the volumetric bars when displayed as profile.
        I highly suggest an option to match the proportions of the profiles displayed (so, both the "Volume Profile" and the "Volumetric Bars shown as profile") either based on all the data loaded or based on the visible range.

We look forward to the integration of the feature.

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. There is no update at this time, and there is typically no update to give until the feature is implemented.

I'll update the feature request with these additional details.

Comment

How did Oceans get the Volume Profile without price in his chart pic above?? I am trying to access that setting on NT. Thanks.

Comment

As in why is there no margin on the right with prices? I suspect the screenshot just does not include the right (or bottom) of the chart window.

Comment

Hello everyone,

any chance we will see the feature (SFT-4069) implemented anytime soon...let's say, as a Christmas gift?

It's without doubt a technically feasible feature that would take the yet apreciated Orderflow+ pack to the next level.

I take the chance to really thank PatrickG for his great assistance over other matters and to wish everyone the best holidays.

Thanks

Francesco

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Francesco.

I'm certain this feature request would be a nice Christmas gift for you and other users as well, however, I cannot provide any timeline on when or if a feature request will be implemented.

You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented:

Comment

Many thanks Patrick.

Have a nice day

Francesco

Comment

Please Patrick, consider myself as well as I'd like to have this feature implemented too. Thanks Max

Comment

Please vote me in for this feature as well. Thanks

Comment

Add my vote

Comment

Add mine too please.

Comment

I really like the idea, please add my vote as well
                              Last edited by Johnny90; 02-04-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post fiddich