Hard Stop Definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Stop Definition

If OCO orders are not saved server side with a certain brokerage, but "hard stops" are saved server side, How do you create a "hard stop" in NJ 8? Just create an ATM strategy for the stop but don't add a profit target?

Also, if my Internet connection goes down, is there some other way to protect an open position with a server side stop but still have a limit order in place too?

Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shut down.
    What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on who you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in.

Once the platform is shut down, ATM functionality would not be available. The platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside. The list of connection technologies that do and do not support server-side OCO is also listed in this page:
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.I would highly recommend that you have your broker's emergency trade desk phone number/email ready at all times in case of a scenario like the one you've described. Here is NinjaTrader Brokerage's contact information:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred