Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help... NT8 won't start up.. Quits...

Hello,

Went to fire up NT8 64 bit, from the short cut on my desktop... The logo screen flashes showing that it is loading.. Then the program does it's chime.. nothing happens, the program shuts down before it even starts... It's been working great everytime I start it up since I loaded NT8 over a month ago..

Michael

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like a fatal error is occurring while NinjaTrader is starting. I'll need to take a look at your log and trace files in order to diagnose the issue.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN Kate 2190062" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kate,
      I sent both files but in two seperate emails.. The compressed Trace file was to big to attach with the compressed Log file..

Comment

Kate,

That fix worked.. However.. I had to fix my skin colors back to the way I liked them.. No problem.. But all my Replay data disappeared.. not good.. Theres no fast way to gang install replay data..?

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for your reply.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, we discovered the following error in your log files:

2019-06-20 12:35:57:656|0|4|Unhandled exception: Token EndDocument in state Document would result in an invalid XML document.

Typically, this indicates the UI.xml file has been corrupted. I gave you the following steps below to delete and regenerate your UI.xml file:
          • Exit NinjaTrader 8
          • Delete Documents\NinjaTrader 8\UI.xml
          • Launch NinjaTrader 8
          Once deleted you were able to get it running.

Deleting the UI.xml file would definitely have affected any custom colors, however, it should not have affected your replay data. I am wondering if that may have been a casualty of whatever may have corrupted the UI file. If you look under Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db > replay, do you see any files listed in that folder?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this for you.

Comment

Kate,

It's all good..! Everything is where it's supposed to be.. Thank You for your help..!!

Michael

Comment

I have the same problem. I deleted the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\UI.xml file, Ninja did open however Im now stuck on the control settings page with the blue circle icon just turning and ninja trader frozen. I have to go into task manager to close it. I went back into documents ninjatrader 8 and the UI file is back again. At the moment Im unable to use ninjatrader 8. Yesterday it was working fine, no problems at all

Comment

Andy,

Go ahead and post your problem in the forum... Tech Support will help you sort it out. They deal with problems like yours on a daily basis. They will know exactly what to do to fix it... No worries..!

Michael

Comment

Thanks, Ive always found them to be helpful as well.

However I was able to fix it myself. Solution: I went into documents ninja trader 8 work spaces and then deleted _workspaces. I then reopened ninja trader.

At first my saved work spaces didn't want to work and just froze again. I forced shut down ninja trader 8 then restarted and opened up a blank chart and reloaded it with a saved template.

I then closed down that chart and then tried to reopen my saved work spaces and they worked. Interestingly UI is in ninja trader documents but ninja trader working as should now.

Comment

Good Morning,

I am having the same issue, the 64 bit will not load after a short pinwheel the program does not load. I have tried the solutions above but to no avail please help

Comment

Hello bokunw2,

Thank you for your reply.

We will need to look at your log and trace files, which we would ask that you not post here on the forums as they may contain personal information. If you have not done so already, please email us directly at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with a brief explaination of your issue and we will be glad to assist.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I just had the could not start NJT 8 problem as well. Deleting _workspaces.xml as recommended by AndyM worked for me.

I looked through the log and trace files and didn't see anything unusual. Deleting UI.xml did not work.

Thank you AndyM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes