Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add 8th decimal option

Hello,

I'm using Ninjatrader Addon that allows me to get datafeed from Binance CryptoCurrency Exchange. The problem I'm having is that Ninjatrader 8 only allows up to 7 decimals and a lot of the coins in binance trade at the 8th decimal. So the charts look really bad on a lot of coins that I'm trying to chart using Ninjatrader 8. I would like to know if its possible to add the option to have instruments go back to the 8th decimal, this would fix the issue I'm currently having. Look forward to your response.

What is the name of the add-on? If the add-on has an associated website, could you provide the link here?

Have you contacted the developer to ask this question as well? If not, I would highly suggest doing so. If you have already, what did they report?

I agree that the smallest built-in tick size for an instrument in NinjaTrader only has 7 decimal places (0.0000001), I'll submit a feature request to include one with 8 decimal places (or better yet, a user-definable amount of decimal places). I'll add the tracking number here when I receive it.

EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-3105
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The addon is from https://ninjatools.studio/ I haven't had any problems with the addon. Only problem is the charting on the 7th decimal that creates huge spreads on coins that trade at the 8th decimal. Everything else works fine.

Comment

The website you mention is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and they are in violation of our terms of service. As a result, any and all items related to the website you mention are not supported.

Comment

Oh wow did not know that. I'm still in trial of their product but I wont be purchasing it in that case. Anyways I still think its a good idea to expand the decimal place to the 8th digit as cryptocurrencies are very hot markets nowadays and a lot of coins are trading at the 8th decimal place. I'm sure its just a matter of time before we get a supported addon that connects to binance and other large crypto exchanges.

Comment

Any update on 8 decimal tick size?

Comment

There is no update on SFT-3105 at this time, but we are still tracking interest. There usually is no update until it is included in the release notes

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I understand that its not a feature that all NT users will require, and as a result, its not a high priority.
                However could you ask the dev team if there is a quick/dirty way I can achieve the desired result until its natively included within a update?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no supported way to manually implement an additional tick size.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply. Is there any form of work around? perhaps performing a calculation on the ticks themselves? ( x / 10)? Thanks

Comment

I am not aware of any work around for this, but I encourage other forum users to provide relevant insight.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes