backup restore erros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backup restore erros

I am trying to install ninja on a different computer. When I restore the back up file I get a message "ninjascript files can't be restored, since they would corrupt your installation". None of my strategies or custom indicators will import.

Also it saw that it was a different machine and defaulted the license to "sim" and removed my continuum log in information.

I would like to use ninja on my desktop and when I travel move the data to my laptop. Also I know I cannot run 2 live connections at the same time but I would like to be able to have one computer connected to continuum while I use the other to backtest with my historic data.

How can I get my strategies and indicators imported?

Am I going to be able to move data from one computer to another? When I recently purchased the license/program I was told that wasn't a problem.

thank you

Stefan

I had 2 different builds. Once I installed the newer build that corrected the importing problem.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

I understood from your most recent post here that the compile issue has been resolved, glad to hear.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform. To do this, go to the Control Center > Help > License key:

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes