N00b Query regarding placing orders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N00b Query regarding placing orders.

I have downloaded NinjaTrader demo with a view to becoming familiar with the platform prior to signing up to a Prop Trader program.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to set a trade with a stop loss and a take profit order. I watch the tutorial videos and when setting a buy/sell order to open up a position, the stop loss and the take profit levels appear automatically on the chart. This does not happen when I do it.

Is there something I am missing or is the demo version of NinjaTrader just bundled with lots of restrictions that prevent some basic functions from being carried out?

thx.

Hello MatDerKater,

Thank you for your note.

You can set the trade with a stop loss and profit target by first creating an ATM Strategy template and then ensuring the template is selected prior to submitting your order. ATM Strategies should be supported with the demo.

Please see the following link to the ATM Strategy section of our online help guide for all the details for setting up an ATM Strategy: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      Hello MatDerKater,

Thank you for your note.

You can set the trade with a stop loss and profit target by first creating an ATM Strategy template and then ensuring the template is selected prior to submitting your order. ATM Strategies should be supported with the demo.

Please see the following link to the ATM Strategy section of our online help guide for all the details for setting up an ATM Strategy: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Thanks for your reply.

I think there is something somehow, not quite right with either my NinjaTrader install and/or the accounts I am using. Currently using a demo FXCM account.

According to any guides that I find online including your company's own NT documentation, when I open a position using chart trader, the SL and TP the Stop and TP levels should just appear on the chart, which can then be manually adjusted: (see attachment NT Order.PNG)

This is however what I get on NT8, and this doesn't change when I set up an ATM template: (see NT Entry Issue)

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

In the screenshot it doesn't appear there is an ATM strategy selected, and there have been no stop or target orders placed. May I confirm this also occurs if you select an ATM before submitting your order? If you submit a stop or target order on the chart via the right click menu, do the orders appear?

I look forward to hearing from you.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
          Hello,

In the screenshot it doesn't appear there is an ATM strategy selected, and there have been no stop or target orders placed. May I confirm this also occurs if you select an ATM before submitting your order? If you submit a stop or target order on the chart via the right click menu, do the orders appear?

I look forward to hearing from you.
          Hello again....this issue actually put me off going down the Ninja Trader route so haven't bothered pursuing it further, but the platform is recommended by the prop trading firm, so am having another look...

This problem occurs if I select an ATM before submitting the order. I don't get the option of submitting a stop or target order via the right click menu....

Also, I get this issue when trying to use the ATM, and here are the options I get when I right click on that chart:

Comment

Hello,

Stop limit orders are not accepted on crypto currency instruments, so this would be expected.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ##REQUESTID## ATTN ##ASSIGNED_FIRST##
            Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
            1 response
            0 likes