• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello mballagan,

Thank you for your reply.

Theoretically this may be possible, but would likely have a large performance impact, given that you'd be running two full instances of NinjaTrader plus the whole virtual machine. I wouldn't recommend it.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Leave a comment:

• mballagan
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
    Hello samir,

Thank you for your post.

It would not be possible to install and run two instances of NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously. Even if you tried installing to a second directory, you would run into conflicts. However, it is possible to run both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 on the same machine, so you could use one for trading and one for your backtesting. Be aware, however, that most data providers only allow one concurrent connection at once, so if you try to connect to the same feed on both, you'd likely get kicked off of the data feed for the one you connected to first.

In theory is it possible to run two instances of Ninjatrader 8 on the the same physical machine using a Virtual Machine hosted on the main machine?

Assuming two separate data feeds were available then is it possible?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello samir,

Thank you for your post.

It would not be possible to install and run two instances of NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously. Even if you tried installing to a second directory, you would run into conflicts. However, it is possible to run both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 on the same machine, so you could use one for trading and one for your backtesting. Be aware, however, that most data providers only allow one concurrent connection at once, so if you try to connect to the same feed on both, you'd likely get kicked off of the data feed for the one you connected to first.

Leave a comment:

• samir
    started a topic Running two instances Ninja 8.

Running two instances Ninja 8.

If install in other directory/folder location is possible running two instances?

It is to continue using the program while using the strategy tester, that way I take out processor threads and leave them for the other application to be able to make more comfortable use, while optimizing consumes a lot of resources and utilization is uncomfortable, graphs are stuck , response delays, while if I had another open instance I dedicate cpu cores while I take them out to the other, so I would not stick.

Thanks grettings.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post kujista