Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bar Not Advancing at 10 ET

Hi,

I'm trying out the new Volumetric Bars and am finding over this week that the 10 a.m. ET bar won't advance to the next bar without closing and reopening the workspace. This has happened each day this week. I've tried repairing the database and reloading the historical data on the chart, and these things didn't help. I'm testing 2 hour bars (120 minutes) on this chart.

Thanks for your help.
    Curtis
    Last edited by Trader2020; 03-28-2018, 08:48 AM.

Please clarify - are you referring to the volumetric bar with a time stamp of 10:00AM? Meaning, the bar that closes at 10:00AM and contains data from 8:01AM until 10:00AM? Or are you referring to the bar which begins at 10:00AM (which would be the bar with a timestamp of 12N).

Would it be possible for you to test this with market replay data using the playback connection? When I do so, I do not notice an issue with the 10AM bar not advancing, however, I'd like to know the results on your end.

Comment

The bar I'm referring to is "the bar that closes at 10:00AM and contains data from 8:01AM until 10:00AM". I can try the replay over the weekend. By the way, all the other charts I have open advance normally.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Comment

When you're testing this weekend, make sure to do two tests:
        • One with your typical workspace where you observe the issue currently
        • One with a new workspace with an identical chart setup manually (no templates used)

Please let me know the results.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I tried a replay of yesterday per your instructions and both my existing workspace chart and a new workspace with a new chart (built from scratch with no templates) worked fine and advanced throughout the day with no problem. I sent you a private message on the topic.

I guess I'm going to try rebuilding a new workspace with all my charts for Monday and see how that goes (Ugh!).

Thanks for your help.
          Curtis

Comment

Looks like the new chart/workbook is working as it should and the bars are advancing correctly. Thanks for your help on this.

All The Best,
            Curtis

Comment

Howdy again.

So Monday the volumetric bar chart advanced correctly. However, both Tuesday and today, the chart stops advancing at the start of the 10 to 12 bar.

This was a newly rebuilt chart and workbook from scratch that I made over this past weekend. I also did a database repair.

What now? I just sent my log files to you.

Thanks for your help.
              Curtis
              Last edited by Trader2020; 03-28-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I'd like to replicate your workspace and connection as closely as possible. Please provide the following information so I may run an accurate test:
                • Who is providing you with your data?
                • What instrument is this occurring on?
                • What time zone are you in? What time zone is NinjaTrader set to?
                • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Please attach your workspace file which contains the new chart you've created for these tests. You'll find your workspace files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder.

If you haven't already, please upgrade to the newly released 8.0.13.0:
                • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                • Enter your license key and press Submit
                • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                • Select 'Download'
                • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

My NT version is 8.12. I'll update at end of day, and try again tomorrow. If tomorrow the chart doesn't advance, I'll send you all the requested stuff. (I sent my log file before seeing your post.) Let's put this on hold till tomorrow and see if the update fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help.
                  Curtis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses