• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Built-in Current Day OHL indicator - can it use RTH only w/o being on RTH only chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built-in Current Day OHL indicator - can it use RTH only w/o being on RTH only chart?

I have the NT built-in indicator: Current Day OHL on my charts and it's using all data, incl pre-mkt. I only want RTH but need pre-mkt data on the chart itself.

Is there a way to tell it to start plotting at 930am EST only?

If not, is there a different indicator that can do this?

TY

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can do this with a secondary data series applied to a chart that's set to RTH hours.
    • From the original chart, Right Click -> Data Series.
    • Add a second instrument you are using (I'm using NQ 09-19 for example). Set this to the same bar type and interval you have on the first one, then change Trading Hours to the appropriate RTH trading hours template.
    • Press 'OK' and your chart will now split into the original and the RTH chart.
    • Next, right click in the chart and select 'Indicators'.
    • Find the 'Current OHL' and add it by pressing 'New'.
    • Set the Panel to 1.
    • Next, click on the Input Series field.
    • In the Input Series Window select the second data series and press 'OK'.
    • Press 'OK' on the Indicators window.
    • You should now see the RTH OHL on the upper chart.
    • Right in the right hand chart margin (on the prices) next to the ETH data series.
    • Select 'Maximize'.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kate - will this work seamlessly as I change symbols as well? Both data series will know to pull from that symbol?

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's correct, changing the symbol from the dropdown in the upper left of the chart will change both data series to that symbol.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
          Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's correct, changing the symbol from the dropdown in the upper left of the chart will change both data series to that symbol.

BTW Kate - working perfectly since you walked me through how to do it. Thanks!

One heads up for anyone reading - if you save this as a template and apply to a new chart, you'll still need to add the 2nd data series.

It would be cool if NT could design it so that step is not needed, but not a big deal if you know in advance.

Comment

in the Ninja vid HowTo it also suggests making one of your data series Line on Close and Transparent so that it isn't actually drawing both - resources.

Might not be an issue for you depending on setup but Best Practice. Save as template and only need to do it once.
            Practical tip - workaround for adding extra data series you refer to - use Duplicate chart in new tab or window, then change your instrument and Bob will be your Uncle

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
              in the Ninja vid HowTo it also suggests making one of your data series Line on Close and Transparent so that it isn't actually drawing both - resources.

Might not be an issue for you depending on setup but Best Practice. Save as template and only need to do it once.
              Practical tip - workaround for adding extra data series you refer to - use Duplicate chart in new tab or window, then change your instrument and Bob will be your Uncle
              NICE!

Two great pieces of very helpful advice, thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post

Bruce - forgot to ask - what how to video are you referring to? I changed my charts per your suggestion, thanks again!

Comment

Sometimes I find I don't get email notifications, guess you'll have found it/sorted by now. I don't have a link but search YouTube NT videos (i.e. it is an 'official NT Help video'), it'll be fairly self-evident. Support should have stepped in to point you to it anyhow

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by vpzdcv, Today, 02:31 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post vpzdcv
                  by vpzdcv

Started by YevhenShynkarenko, Today, 01:22 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes