Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposing CCI-Forecater_v7DE Signals for Market Analyzer

Dear Support,

I want to use Market Analyzer to scan stocks for Vegas Trades pattern from CCIForecasterDEV7 - NT8. This indicator was posted by NinjaTrader_Jim.

I have added a simple plot to draw a 50 and -50 when the Vegas pattern up and down conditions are present, similar to what I have previously done for other indicator MA columns. However, nothing will plot based on the following added scripts:

Plot:
    Code:
                    [COLOR=#FF0000]// Plot for MAVegas[/COLOR]
                    AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Chartreuse, 2), PlotStyle.Dot, "PlotCCIHigh");
                    AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Crimson, 2), PlotStyle.Dot, "PlotCCILow");
                    AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Silver, 2), PlotStyle.TriangleUp, "PlotTurboHigh");
                    AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Gray, 2), PlotStyle.TriangleDown, "PlotTurboLow");
    [COLOR=#FF0000]               AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Blue, 1), PlotStyle.Line, "MAVegas");[/COLOR]

Condition:
    Code:
                [COLOR=#FF0000]//LONG MAVegas[/COLOR]
                if((((VegasL_H  && pcbar != -1) || (Show_Opp_End && VegasL_L && pcbar != 1) || VegasL_E)) && Show_Vegas && WCCIDirection[0]!= 1)
                    {
                        wCCIPatternSeries[0] = (3);
                        wCCIDirectionSeries[0] = (1);
                        Draw.Line(this,CurrentBar.ToString()+"VSH",true,barsAgoSwingH,swingHigh,0,swingHigh,VegasTrendColor,DashStyleHelper.Dash,TrendThickness);

[COLOR=#FF0000]                   MAVegas[0] = 50;[/COLOR]
    Code:
                [COLOR=#FF0000]//SHORT[/COLOR]    
                    if((((Show_Opp_End && VegasS_H  && pcbar != -1) || (VegasS_L && pcbar != 1) || VegasS_E)) && Show_Vegas && WCCIDirection[0]!= -1)
                    {
                        wCCIPatternSeries[0] = (3);
                        wCCIDirectionSeries[0] = (-1);
                        Draw.Line(this,CurrentBar.ToString()+"VSL",true,barsAgoSwingL,swingLow,0,swingLow,VegasTrendColor,DashStyleHelper.Dash,TrendThickness);

[COLOR=#FF0000]                    MAVegas[0] = -50;  [/COLOR]
    Series:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#FF0000]// Added this series for Vegas plots for Market Analyzer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FF0000]       [Browsable(false)]
            [XmlIgnore]
            public Series<double> MAVegas
            {
                get { return Values[4]; }
            }[/COLOR]
    Any idea what the issue might be. I know the MA columns work only with plots, but nothing is being plotted.

Many thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post,

I don't see anything obviously incorrect in what you have posted.

I would suggest using print statements to determine if the conditional code block that writes the +/-50 are being hit.

When you apply to the Market Analyzer, are you able to select MAVegas as the value plot to use?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello aligator,

When you apply to the Market Analyzer, are you able to select MAVegas as the value plot to use?
      Thank Paul,

Yes, I do see the MAVegas as a plot in the indicator column now for intraday data with the scan working. However the MAVegas 50/-50 plot will not show in the chart indicator panel.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that you are seeing correct values for that plot in the market analyzer. The issue you are having is that the plot is not visible in the indicator panel.

Are the plots within the indicator panel providing a scaling that would show the +/- 50? If not, can you manually change the scale of the indicator window to verify if the plot is there but just out of the scales view?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello aligator,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that you are seeing correct values for that plot in the market analyzer. The issue you are having is that the plot is not visible in the indicator panel.

Are the plots within the indicator panel providing a scaling that would show the +/- 50? If not, can you manually change the scale of the indicator window to verify if the plot is there but just out of the scales view?
          Thanks Paul,

Yes, as seen in the screenshot, the scaling is the CCI and the other patterns (including a Draw.Line (lime) for the Vegas) are plotted and no plot for AMVegas (supposed to be Blue).

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for your reply.

If I may suggest, at the top of OnBarUpdate(), set the plot to a value of zero. If the conditions do not provide a +/-50 signal on every bar then at least you would see a zero value. As the condition occurs later on in OnBarUpdate if the plot is set to +/-50 it would stay that way until the next OnBarUpdate() call of the indicator.

If you are using Calculate.OnEachTick or Calculate.OnPriceChange, you may want to add further logic to provide the signal for a longer period (especially in the MA). Otherwise with calculate.OnBarClose it would provide that signal until the close of the next bar, which may or may not be sufficient.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes