Missing Historical Data Continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Historical Data Continuum

Using historical data manager I have downloaded minute and day historical data for Nasdaq futures NQ from 2009 to present. Dates between 7/9/2016 and 11/12/2016 are missing.

I deleted the cache and the NQ 09-16 folders and restarted ninja.

When I try to load that data it doesn't appear that anything is happening now. There was a couple of days previously in the NQ 09-16 folder.

A new folder does not appear.

I am not sure if I am supposed to get a pop up saying data has been download but trying to download just the month of June 2016 I wait 30 minutes and nothing happens

Thank you Stefan

I was able to download the data from the chart. Not sure what the issue is with historical data download.

Stefan

Comment

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
      • What NQ expiry was selected when downloading the data? For example, NQ 09-19
      • What is your merge policy? To check, go to Tools > Options > Market Data > Merge policy
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Version 8.0.18.1 64-bit
        Continuum
        NQ 09-19
        Merge Back Adjusted
        I get no messages at all. It seems that the computer is doing nothing. Usually I can see the light on my computer flashing when it is downloading.
        There is nothing in the log at all about historical data manager. It shows logging into continuum and the strategies I have enabled etc... but no error messages

I loaded 2009 to present last week and it seemed to work fine. I just caught it today that there were missing dates for 2016. I was able to load the data by opening a chart for that time frame.

Comment

I could not reproduce this symptom by downloading NQ 09-19 minute and daily data for 10 years. I suspect something unique to the data you had locally stored caused this symptom and you found the work-around by using a chart to load the data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kempotrader  
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kempotrader