How to change color of the PnL text.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change color of the PnL text.

Please help me, the vivid red color of the PnL text hurts my eyes and I don't know ho to change it.
    Thanks

Hello ftrexx,

Thank you for your post.

To adjust the colors for the PnL display, you will need to create a custom skin as there is not a default option in the platform to change colors for the PnL display. Here is the Creating your own Skin Help Guide to assist you further.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?creating_your_own_skin.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much! I tried to find the right line to change the PnL color but i wasn't able to locate. Sorry, could you please help?

Comment

Hello ftrexx,

If you open the BluePrint.xaml file in a text editor (like Notepad), you can use the text editor's Search feature (Ctrl + F) to find a certain key. I searched for "Profit" and it pointed to the following keys.

Code:
        <!-- Background colors for Flat, Long, or Short positions for the Position Display in order-entry windows -->
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="FlatBackground"                    Color="Black"/>
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="LongBackground"                    Color="#FF00D409"/>
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="ShortBackground"                    Color="#FFb70000"/>
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="PositionTextBlockBrush"            Color="White" />
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="PositionTextBlockProfitBrush"    Color="LimeGreen" />
            <SolidColorBrush        po:Freeze="true"    x:Key="PositionTextBlockLossBrush"        Color="Red" />
        I would suggest taking the same approach for finding keys and testing your own modifications. Using an online "hex color picker" can help to create some custom colors. Googling this can point to some online resources.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was able to change the PNL colors (thank you!). For the buy/sell flags on chart trader where can i locate the code to change those as well? (the green and red buy stp buy lmt examples shown in image)

Comment

Totally unrelated to the original enquiry ... but hopefully useful, given the answer to that enquiry.

Editing any file with the standard Windows Notepad can be somewhat painful. There are various alternatives, free and paid, but for freeware that I have found to be an excellent replacement for the standard Notepad you may wish to look at Notepad++. I find it particularly useful with large files, and it works well for NinjaTrader text files. Just FYI.

Thanks.
            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
            jeronymite
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Thanks for your first post thadeej!

Chart Trader will use the order marker colors saved within Chart Trader's Properties window.

From code, these properties (Strokes) will be found in: ChartControl.OwnerChart.ChartTrader.Properties

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I change color of the marked areas ? like to setup colors according to color i like to use, little teel and brown have less stress on the eyes. Im not a programer so cant code

Comment

you just have to throw that blueprint.xaml file into notepad and change the color; super easy. example with blue/white. it will update your pnl on the main, account data and also chart trader and dom.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I updated to the most recent version of NT8 today and the PnL colors no longer seem to be controlled by the color brushes in the blueprint.xaml file. Is there a way to modify the PnL colors on version 8.0.26.1?

Comment

Hello Thedeej,

You can still create your own skin using the blueprint.xaml file.

Please see this Help Guide link that provides an explanation:

Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that's really wonderful and all but it doesn't answer my question. the blueprint.xaml file no longer paints the PnL colors.

Comment

Hello thadeej,

Thanks for your response.

The blueprint.xaml file is the way to change the color of the font for what you are looking for, and we can confirm it will work. Unfortunately, we do not provide support for creating custom skins.

Comment

Originally posted by thadeej View Post
                            I updated to the most recent version of NT8 today and the PnL colors no longer seem to be controlled by the color brushes in the blueprint.xaml file. Is there a way to modify the PnL colors on version 8.0.26.1?
                            Hey any news on this ?
                            It doesn't work ATM as OP says.
                            Last edited by bukowa; 11-08-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Hello bukawa,

Thank you for letting us know.

This is a known bug with version 8.1.2.0 of NinjaTrader. Our Development Team is working on a fix as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Version 8.0.26.1 is no longer being offered, but you can downgrade to version 8.1.1.7 as a temporary workaround.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              2 responses