waiting orders cancelled when position hits target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting orders cancelled when position hits target

i don't have 'OCO' turned on. I'm in a long trade, and I have a couple of orders on the dom to enter at lower prices. When the open trade hits target, the other orders get cancelled. Why?

I've had this occur previously, but it doesn't always happen. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing. I am using an ATM strategy for my target/stop-losses.

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like OCO mode is on or you're submitting those additional orders as 'scale in' or 'scale out' orders to your active ATM strategy.

If possible, please record a short video of what you're describing. I like to use Jing or TinyTake to record and share videos easily.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Would having the property 'Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission' instead of 'Keep Selected ATM Stragety' cause this? Is that what you mean by scaling in? I am using the 'Select Active ATM Strategy' setting.

Comment

Yes, because you'll notice when you submit an order with an ATM, your ATM control list changes to have a lightning bolt symbol. This indicates that what is currently selected is the active ATM strategy and any orders submitted while the active ATM strategy is selected will be scale in/scale out orders for that ATM strategy.

If it is not your desire to scale in/scale out of that ATM strategy, you'll want to change the ATM control list to '<none>'

If it is your desire to submit additional entry orders with their own ATM strategies, you'll want to select the desired template from the ATM control list. The ATM strategy selection mode options 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy on Order Submission' does this automatically.

I suggest reviewing the help guide section about ATM strategy selection mode to find out which setting might be best for your trading:

Comment

Thank You. I like features from both methods (Keep & Select). I'll review the documentation again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jculp
          by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          0 responses
          1 view