Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does NinjaTrader have to be on the same computer as Interactive Brokers TWS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does NinjaTrader have to be on the same computer as Interactive Brokers TWS?

I need to have Interactive Brokers TWS on a computer that I’m using to manually trade but would like to set up an automated trading system in TradeStation on another computer.

The TradeStation system would use NinjaTrader to transmit the trading orders to Interactive Brokers.

I’m not sure if NinjaTrader sends the orders through the internet using my IB account number or whether it needs to send them directly to TWS located on the same computer.

Hello Trade95,

Yes in order to connect and submit orders to your IB account you would need to have TWS running on the same PC as NinjaTrader.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the link, when I did a search earlier today I found the link below that only had the NinjaTrader 7 version in the dropdown list and thought I might have to use that version to connect to TradeStation. In your link it shows both version 7 and 8.

Version 7 only: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

In the beginning I’ll try putting all the software on one computer but if there’s a problem I think I can pay a monthly fee and get a second TWS instance to run on another computer.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes