Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dragging the chart around and zooming in and out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging the chart around and zooming in and out?

As things stand, to drag a NT8 chart around, I have to hold down the control key and left mouse button.

Also, the mouse wheel does not zoom in and out like I would expect, but scrolls the chart left to right like I wouldn't expect and don't really want it to do.

These two features are pretty clunky imo. I don't want to have to put down my cup of tea just to hold the CTRL button every 20 seconds. This basic function should just be performed using only the mouse and having the mouse scroll wheel to slowly move the chart left or right is totally redundant. Worse than redundant. I wished it just done nothing at all instead of doing that.

For the perfect method of chart navigation, see how TradingView do it, and simply copy it.

Anyhow, is there anyway of changing what the mouse scroll wheel does, and remapping the ctrl key to a mouse thumb button or something like that? (I have looked in 'hot keys', but no joy)

The Smart Zoom add-on by ninza.com is the best I have found for zooming and it still isn't the best. The zoom in and out feature is so bad with this platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamos View Post
      The Smart Zoom add-on by ninza.com is the best I have found for zooming and it still isn't the best. The zoom in and out feature is so bad with this platform.
      $80 for a function that should be totally and utterly 100% standard!?

No thanks.....

.....jeeez....

.........how hard can it be to do these simple things right?

Especially this 'hold the CTRL button down to drag the chart' business......who comes up with that?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

You can drag the chart around the screen by holding down the CTRL button on you keyboard while holding down the left mouse bottom and dragging the chart.

Patrick, could I also add a vote for the zoom in feature being standard on the NT8 platform using the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Comment

I agree that a zoom feature should be standard, it amazes me that we are in version 8 and it is not a standard feature.

Comment

I agree with this feature. I would like to think this would be a basic necessity for moving a chart.

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2756 . Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

agree with comments above, these little, simplistic things make a lot of difference when used over and over.

Comment

Patrick, I have previously submitted a request for zoom via mouse scroll wheel feature. Can you confirm that that has also been assigned a feature request reference?

Comment

SFT-2756 is the feature request for "ability to re-map mouse". So this feature request already encompasses what you want by allowing the ability to change what the mouse buttons/scroll wheel does.

Comment

Yes I have to agree. The scroll function should or would be nice if it mimicked what TradingView does on its charts. So far that is the easiest charting platform I've used to date. Would be nice to be able to somehow tie those charts into Ninjatrader and use Ninjatraders tools on the charts...It would make an amazing setup. Especially because you'd have the web version now in place.

Comment

Is this feature implemented yet? Its the only reason I am still using trading view, and I really hate that platform. Half of their futures charts are just blank or are just simply distorted, and you have to pay $100 a month just to have real time data so you can trade. I thought the whole point of my commisions was to pay for that, why is it an "add on"?

Comment

I have found a work around.
                            I use a multi function mouse and assigned a Control key stroke to one of the mouse buttons then I can drag the chart around with the mouse.
                            Hope this works for you.

Comment

XM010-3841, SFT-2756 has not yet been implemented. You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lorem
                              by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes