Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone have an OpeningRange indicator they'd like to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brucerobinson
    replied
    Lizard Indicators/Harry/FatTails ‘ama’ indicators’ OR certainly goes to 1min, possibly lower.
    can’t recall if available on NT Ecosystem or not, certainly on Big Mike’s Elite Circle

Leave a comment:

• bangerbros
    replied
    Originally posted by chartish View Post

1. I am already working on a version with start time and end time user defined.
    2. I can do that.
    3. I can do that.
    Is there one that is user defined to go as low as 30 second opening range?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello trader3000a,

A rectangle can be drawn with Draw.Rectangle().
    Below is a link to the help guide.

Use the overload that includes the areaOpacity parameter.
    Draw.Rectangle(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, bool isAutoScale, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY, Brush brush, Brush areaBrush, int areaOpacity)

Leave a comment:

• trader3000a
    replied
    chartish, how might i modify the opening range indicator to draw a semi-transparent rectangle over the range/high-low instead of the 2 lines?

Leave a comment:

• chartish
    replied
    Originally posted by FiftyFib FX View Post

I downloaded your new Open Range indicator and am experimenting using it to monitor the mid line over the course of a 24 hour period from 12:01 AM (midnight New York to Midnight New York) to 11:59 PM (Indicator won't paint 12 to 12 and if starts at 12:00 a.m. doesn't always paint correctly). Working well so far. I love that it's dynamic. Chartish would you consider adding the Fibonacci tool to the indicator? Sort of like a dynamic NT8 fib tool. Would be nice to see more than the center level and would give flexibility of user defined levels? Anyway, really nice work the way it is and thanks for sharing it! Herman
    I might play around with adding this, but it would not be high on my list.

Leave a comment:

• FiftyFib FX
    replied

I will try to add that soon.
    I downloaded your new Open Range indicator and am experimenting using it to monitor the mid line over the course of a 24 hour period from 12:01 AM (midnight New York to Midnight New York) to 11:59 PM (Indicator won't paint 12 to 12 and if starts at 12:00 a.m. doesn't always paint correctly). Working well so far. I love that it's dynamic. Chartish would you consider adding the Fibonacci tool to the indicator? Sort of like a dynamic NT8 fib tool. Would be nice to see more than the center level and would give flexibility of user defined levels? Anyway, really nice work the way it is and thanks for sharing it! Herman
    Last edited by FiftyFib FX; 07-29-2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• autogenix
    replied
    Hi Chartish,

awesome! Works like a charm. Thank you very much for this indicator.

I have one question please, the classic opening range is 30 seconds.
    Would it be possible to add the option to show the OR of the first 30 seconds?
    IIUC the inidicator only works with minutes.

Btw. the price markers for the OR High/Low(?) are not printed on the price scale even if i check
    the "Prices markers" option in the indicator settings.

Anyway, thanks again for your great work!

Leave a comment:

• chartish
    replied
    Originally posted by SunTzuTrader View Post
    Chartish, It would be nice to have the feature to add a Custom line a certain number of ticks above the OR high and a certain number of ticks below the OR Low. I currently hand draw those based on ATR, would be nice to have the OR Paint for the day, then have lines 20 ticks or so above and below paint for the day also.
    I will try to add that soon.
    Last edited by chartish; 07-11-2019, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SunTzuTrader
    replied
    Chartish, It would be nice to have the feature to add a Custom line a certain number of ticks above the OR high and a certain number of ticks below the OR Low. I currently hand draw those based on ATR, would be nice to have the OR Paint for the day, then have lines 20 ticks or so above and below paint for the day also.

Leave a comment:

• chartish
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Not sure what options/customization you had in mind, but personally I think this would be neat:

1. Opening Range Period - I think this would be nice to have user defined since commonly used periods seem to be both 30, 60 and 90 minutes (the initial balance in Market Profile). Hell, I've even seen some look at the 1st 5 minutes.

2. 50 % Retracement Level - An option of plotting this level (50% of the OR) would be nice as well. I think it might be of significance.

3. Length of plot lines - Could be two options maybe? a) Plot lines for the length of the Opening Range, i.e, 1st 60 minutes only; b) Plot/project lines for the entire session.

Thoughts?

Johnny
    1. I am already working on a version with start time and end time user defined.
    2. I can do that.
    3. I can do that.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    Not sure what options/customization you had in mind, but personally I think this would be neat:

1. Opening Range Period - I think this would be nice to have user defined since commonly used periods seem to be both 30, 60 and 90 minutes (the initial balance in Market Profile). Hell, I've even seen some look at the 1st 5 minutes.

2. 50 % Retracement Level - An option of plotting this level (50% of the OR) would be nice as well. I think it might be of significance.

3. Length of plot lines - Could be two options maybe? a) Plot lines for the length of the Opening Range, i.e, 1st 60 minutes only; b) Plot/project lines for the entire session.

Thoughts?

Johnny

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied

I wrote that one and I have thinking about making it a little more customizable. If you want, send me a message and we can discuss the changes.
    Hi,

Cool. I actually put up this as a job on UpWork now and was considering making it a paid job, but my budget is blown on R&D already.

When I try to put your indicator on, my charts end up looking like this (chart below is just an illustration as I removed the indicator perceiving it not to be working yesterday):

Click image for larger version

Name:	OR.PNG
Views:	605
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1063500

Leave a comment:

• chartish
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Thanks, but I can only find one which seems relevant for me and it's not working (my chart decompresses and looks like a flat line when loading it):

The indicator draws the high intraday price and the low intraday price of the first 30 minutes of the day. This works only on minute time frames. For more apps from this user check out the Open Range Indicator!

I wrote that one and I have thinking about making it a little more customizable. If you want, send me a message and we can discuss the changes.

Leave a comment:

• brucerobinson
    replied
    Latest version of Ninja's Repeater indicator has OR IIRC (although word of caution - I've had to remove it due to conflicts with the 'active crosshairs' mod introduced in 18.1, until they get that fixed
    Harry Fat Tails Lizard Indicators has one over on Future.io Elite members, probably others too

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Hello Johnny,

To confirm, you are not looking for assistance with developing an indicator and you are instead wanting a completed indicator to import, is this correct?

I have moved this inquiry to the platform technical support section of the forums.

Below is a link to a search on the User App Share for the terms opening range.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Correct. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post RubenCazorla  
Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
0 responses
0 likes