Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures Expiries checkbox setting not 'Sticky'

Hello,
    In Tools | Database Management | Update Instruments | the Futures expiries checkbox setting is not 'sticky' i.e. if you check it, on next opening of the dialogue it is unchecked.
    I have a hazy recollection (most are) that it was previously sticky then changed maybe around release 10. Is this deliberate, and if so why? Not a big deal, even if the rationale is to err on the 'don't do it by default', I'd still rather have it sticky so that if I consciously change it I don't have to do so every time
    KR

I do notice that no settings within the Database Management window 'stick' when adjusted from default. In other words, the settings revert to default each time the window is opened.

I am unsure if this behavior is different than previous versions, but I'll reach out to the Development Team to try to learn more about this.

I suspect that this will end up being a feature request. So I understand what you desire correctly, you'd like the changes you make to the settings in the Database Management window to be saved?

Comment

Hello Patrick and thanks.
      1. Your understanding is correct, you've taken it one step further insofar as I'd only noticed that when I changed the Futures expiries, it didn't stick, which it seemed I'd always want as the Default, as opposed to not. I guess that they either all don't stick or all do stick makes sense (can or cannot be saved)
      2. As you say - 'learn more about this....'. Given that they're not 'all checked' or 'all unchecked', I recognise there may well be a rationale behind that being so, i.e. which are checked and which are not checked, by default. E.g. if can't be undone, might not want to encourage doing it by accident, so default to not doing, positive action to do so, so....
      3. Yes, all other things being equal, given that my expectation is I'll always want to update futures expiries, it would be easier if the last selection were retained (as opposed to 'actively save', if you see what I mean)
      But I appreciate all other things may not be equal and there may be a sound reason for it being this way.
      KR

Comment

After some further research, this behavior has always been this way. Changes to default settings in Database Management are/were never retained.

I am submitting a feature request for this now. I'll edit this post when I receive a tracking number. EDIT - the tracking number is SFT-2136.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-03-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB