Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does market replay work for you with replay data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does market replay work for you with replay data?

I have _never_, in all my time with NT8 gotten replay to work acceptably on my setup.

Can anyone else confirm if they have it working well?

I describe my issues, which have always existed despite new versions, pc, etc.

Disconnect existing data connections and connect to market replay.
    Even with empty workspace and 1 chart, this can take several minutes for the replay box to show itself with the play button etc.
    I click play, or pause, but responses seem delayed, if they work at all
    Playback performance is pitiful, i.e. in what were fast moving markets, playback cannot keep up. If you use the option to 2x, 4x, etc., most of the time, performance barely accelerates.

In short, because of the lack of performance, delay to commands etc., it is unusable for me. If I try playback with any of my work-spaces actually loaded, you'd be waiting 10 minutes for the charts to even start. I am at least expecting playback at 1x to be the same as real-time. It is not.

I'd find playback at accelerated speed useful for back testing strategies on real market data. As I understand it, all should work as per real-time, even in warp speed mode, which would be perfect for me.

So, does anyone (outside of tech support, which will surely have no issue ), have it working acceptably?

Thanks for any comments, either way.

I understand you're looking for responses from fellow users, and I encourage other users to respond with their experiences.

However, not all users are experiencing difficulty with Market Replay as you describe it. From a support point of view, we would need to diagnose why what you're describing is occurring on your end.

I am the Platform Support Team Lead, and I will be more than happy to work with you personally to diagnose and resolve the issue you're experiencing. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1878781 ATTN Patrick G' in the message so we may continue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB