• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backup archive error msg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup archive error msg

Coincidentally or not, after Microsoft did its weekly update I have lost a lot of work Workspace entirely. I used the Tools/Import/Backup File command after disconnecting feeds. Got a Restore Backup Archive Error command. Tried other pre-dated files (5+) as well with same results. Any suggestions?

Can you provide a screenshot of the literal message you're referring to when you attempt to use the workspace restore tool?
    1. To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    2. Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    3. Click here for detailed instruction
    Do you have any backup files created via the backup tool?
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Comment

Are you able to recover your workspaces if you restore from one of your backup files?

To investigate that blank error message, I'll need your log/trace files.
        • You can send me these files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2208535 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I have tried more than 1 of the back up files on off chance that one or more is corrupted but to same affect. Went back 1 month, could try further back but it seemed that it was recall issue and not a file issue.

Comment

I am missing only 1 of my workspaces and unfortunately it is a large file with a lot of charts (Forex) where I follow about 20 symbols.

Comment

This is an example of level of detail for each chart in case you see it. Unfortunately on this workspace I only saved 7 of the symbols to minimize computing power.

Comment

For your info, have to go not available till after 11pm PST. Thanks again for assistance. Will

Comment

Worth noting, I tried manually backing up NT with the data feed disconnected. I have mostly relied on the auto backup feature in the past. When I went to look for the manually backed up file it appears that there was no error command and I came up with the screen shown below. Not wanting to risk further complications I did not try going further but it appears that a manual backup file does work.

Comment

I am glad you were able to restore from a backup file.

I've been emailing you since you wrote in on the 10th. Please check your junk/spam folders and respond to my emails if you'd like to discuss this symptom further.

Comment

Hi Patrick, sorry for the misunderstanding, I have not solved my problem of recovering my lost workspace. All that experiment did is show what I have to do in future to get a proper backup (do it manually) which you may want to pass on to the programmers - the auto backup does not work. What I really want is to recover that workspace as I have over 2 weeks work invested in it. Is that possible?

Comment

I will check my email as per your comment.

Comment

Did you get my log trace files, I did send them to you?

Comment

Yes, I received your emails and have replied to [email protected] twice since Wednesday. I'll reply again now.

Comment

I checked my email and I seem to be getting your posts.
                              These are the msgs I have. Is anything missing?
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mykro, Today, 04:58 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mykro
                              by Mykro

Started by edunwa, Today, 04:11 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes