X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jconstable
    replied
    Patrick
    I was able to restore the workspace to pre workspace loss by using following series of commands - "Tools/Database Management/Restore Workspace/Restore/(pick the latest date item on the list)" command series. Previously I had been using the "Tools/Backup File/method which did not work. Thank you for the assistance, no further action required. Have a good weekend. .

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I removed the copy+paste from your post as it was very long.

It seems you're getting forum email updates, but you are not receiving my emails from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. I emailed you from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com as well as my personal @NinjaTrader.com email address within the last hour. Please check your junk/spam for these emails.

Also, can you clarify - we've found a solution by using one of your backups, correct? If so, is the item we're still trying to troubleshoot why you cannot use the restore workspace feature? Can you still reproduce that symptom?

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    I checked my email and I seem to be getting your posts.
    These are the msgs I have. Is anything missing?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Yes, I received your emails and have replied to [email protected] twice since Wednesday. I'll reply again now.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    Did you get my log trace files, I did send them to you?

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    I will check my email as per your comment.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    Hi Patrick, sorry for the misunderstanding, I have not solved my problem of recovering my lost workspace. All that experiment did is show what I have to do in future to get a proper backup (do it manually) which you may want to pass on to the programmers - the auto backup does not work. What I really want is to recover that workspace as I have over 2 weeks work invested in it. Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I am glad you were able to restore from a backup file.

I've been emailing you since you wrote in on the 10th. Please check your junk/spam folders and respond to my emails if you'd like to discuss this symptom further.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    Worth noting, I tried manually backing up NT with the data feed disconnected. I have mostly relied on the auto backup feature in the past. When I went to look for the manually backed up file it appears that there was no error command and I came up with the screen shown below. Not wanting to risk further complications I did not try going further but it appears that a manual backup file does work.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    For your info, have to go not available till after 11pm PST. Thanks again for assistance. Will

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    This is an example of level of detail for each chart in case you see it. Unfortunately on this workspace I only saved 7 of the symbols to minimize computing power.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    I am missing only 1 of my workspaces and unfortunately it is a large file with a lot of charts (Forex) where I follow about 20 symbols.

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied
    I have tried more than 1 of the back up files on off chance that one or more is corrupted but to same affect. Went back 1 month, could try further back but it seemed that it was recall issue and not a file issue.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Are you able to recover your workspaces if you restore from one of your backup files?

To investigate that blank error message, I'll need your log/trace files.
    • You can send me these files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2208535 ATTN PatrickG

Leave a comment:

• Jconstable
    replied

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Tim-c
by Tim-c