Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Configurations

HI,

Is there a way to set an alert to be signaled on a close of a bar above/ below a specific price. I have my alerts to be activated if the "Last price" crosses above a "numeric value" but i would really like to be more specific, as in only alert me when market closes above a certain "numeric value." Is this possible? I'd imagine it would have to be attached to whatever data series, in order to know the time increment of when a bar closes. Currently im using a market analyzer to trigger my alerts, because im constantly changing my instruments so i found this to be an easier way to make sure my alerts are triggered, i would love to be able to add this variable into the equation if you can help. please and thx.

Hello Julienxr,

Thanks for writing in.

The numeric value would be the best way to trigger an alert based on a specific price. There is an option with chart alerts to choose from different price types when selecting a Data series object to trigger alerts based on things such as OHLC values.

There is a last close column which will reference the closing price of the previous bar that is available with Market Analyzer alerts.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So i placed the "last closed" column into my market analyzer to see if this would solve my issue, but it's not populating with data? Im curious to know how to attach it to a certain timeframe, otherwise how would it know what the last close is if i don't specify what bar chart i want to use. Ive tried to link one specific chart (240min) with my market analyzer that im using specifically with my alert log. With those three synced, im still not seeing data fill that column. Please advise.

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the reply.

When setting up an alert in the market analyzer, that alert will be specific to any data series loaded into that market analyzer. When using the last close value, this will take this value of the last close of each instrument to determine if the alert is triggered. If multiple instruments meet this criteria, it will trigger alerts for all of them.

Note that the last close is the price level at the previous session's close, and is irrespective of interval range.

However, you should be able to see the last close price for these instruments if you have the column activated. Does no data load for any instrument? If you had an 'opening' column, does data appear for this?

I look forward to your response.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried the opening column just now, and its not populating either, it should be as simple as right clicking the Analyzer, selecting columns, and adding a new column right? I took a screenshot thinking i could upload it to show you but the add image button is only allowing me to enter in a url?

Comment

The data for ask price and last price are showing, last close is blank the entire column, but if you say it goes by session close, and im trading forex, will that matter? Technically isn't the session close for any pairs not until friday?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

You can write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com ATNN RyanS and attach your photo so I can further investigate. Also be sure to link this forum post in your message.

Thanks in advance-

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

These values would not be expected to work with forex as they do not have a set opening or close time, therefore the data provider would not provide this data to NinjaTrader.

As for your original inquiry, I would advise either using an alert based off the bid/ask/last price in a market analyzer, or setting up the alert in a chart (although this did not seem preferable to you)

Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes