Can't submit order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't submit order

I have created two sim accounts and sometimes when I switch between account or right after opening NinjaTrader I try to send an order but get the following error :
    Order 'xxxxx' can't be submitted: No risk settings defined for this instrument.

To solve the problem I need to close and reopen NinjaTrader 8.

That causes me to miss trades.

What is the problem ?

Really sorry I found the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by blar58 View Post
      I have created two sim accounts and sometimes when I switch between account or right after opening NinjaTrader I try to send an order but get the following error :
      Order 'xxxxx' can't be submitted: No risk settings defined for this instrument.

To solve the problem I need to close and reopen NinjaTrader 8.

That causes me to miss trades.

What is the problem ?
      I would be interested in what you found caused this because I have also had it happen a couple of times in the last week. On both occasions it made no difference whether I was in Sim mode or not.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

It sounds like you might have a risk template has been applied to the account, and that the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument you are trying to trade.

To resolve this you can either remove the risk template from the account, or add a definition in the risk template for the instrument being traded.

More information about this topic can be found here:

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

It sounds like you might have a risk template has been applied to the account, and that the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument you are trying to trade.

To resolve this you can either remove the risk template from the account, or add a definition in the risk template for the instrument being traded.

More information about this topic can be found here:

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
          My SIM account is setup with the default Ninjatrader Brokerage risk values which cover all the securities I want to trade so it appears to me there shouldn't be an issue. What I don't understand is why 95% of the time I don't experience this problem but just occasionally it occurs. I have had to do a Ninjatrader shutdown and restart to get rid of the problem.. I am running NT 8.0.18.1 64 bit

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
            Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to looking further into this and getting this resolved for you.
            Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by blar58 View Post
              Really sorry I found the problem.
              Hello, What was your solution for this?

I have the same problem only at the first time when I install the strategy (in other machine) for solve this I need restart NinjaTrader 8. This behavior is not good for customers. I really need your help in this matter.

2019-07-22 13:12:07:817|1|2|My NinjaTrader Continuum: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
              2019-07-22 13:12:17:415|1|2|My NinjaTrader Continuum: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
              2019-07-22 13:12:17:470|1|2|Time to auto close position='00:00:00', Enabled=False
              2019-07-22 13:12:17:472|1|2|Using HDS (hds-us-nt-002.ninjatrader.com/31655)
              2019-07-22 13:12:29:388|1|4|Enabling NinjaScript strategy '
              MyStrategy01
              /175281078' : On starting a real-time strategy - StartBehavior=WaitUntilFlat EntryHandling=All entries EntriesPerDirection=2 StopTargetHandling=Per entry execution ErrorHandling=Stop strategy, cancel orders, close positions ExitOnSessionClose=True / triggering 30 seconds before close SetOrderQuantityBy=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=Recalculate DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntriesOnStrategyDisable=False CancelExitsOnStrategyDisable=False Calculate=On each tick IsUnmanaged=False MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
              2019-07-22 13:12:48:893|1|16|NinjaScript strategy 'ZDT MoneyHunter/175281078' submitting order
              2019-07-22 13:12:48:933|1|32|Order='3885de0fbcf14b7092a2d6b7b 19f84ce/Sim101' Name='EntraL' New state='Rejected' Instrument='MYM 09-19' Action='Buy' Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type='Market' Time in force=DAY Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error='Unable to submit order' Native error='Order '3885de0fbcf14b7092a2d6b7b19f84ce' can't be submitted: No risk settings defined for this instrument.'
              2019-07-22 13:12:48:935|0|32|Sim101, Order '3885de0fbcf14b7092a2d6b7b19f84ce' can't be submitted: No risk settings defined for this instrument. affected Order: Buy 1 Market
              2019-07-22 13:12:48:931|0|4|Strategy '
              MyStrategy01
              /175281078' submitted an order that generated the following error 'Unable to submit order'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.
              2019-07-22 13:12:48:935|1|4|Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'MyStrategy01/175281078'
              **Note: Now, I reboot NinjaTrader....**
              2019-07-22 13:22:07:788|1|4|Workspace Testing saved
              2019-07-22 13:22:07:995|1|4|Workspace ZDT Robots saved
              2019-07-22 13:22:08:326|1|2|My NinjaTrader Continuum: Primary connection=Disconnecting, Price feed=Disconnecting
              2019-07-22 13:22:09:022|1|2|My NinjaTrader Continuum: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected

Best Regards.

Comment

This means the risk template you have applied to your Sim101 account does not have a definition for MYM. I would suggest that you update you risk template, or remove the risk template.

To update the template:
                • Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                • Expand 'Update risk templates > Update
                To remove the template:
                • Control Center > Account tab
                • Right-click on your Sim101 account > Edit account
                • For 'Risk', choose '<none>'

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  This means the risk template you have applied to your Sim101 account does not have a definition for MYM. I would suggest that you update you risk template, or remove the risk template.

To update the template:
                  • Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                  • Expand 'Update risk templates > Update
                  To remove the template:
                  • Control Center > Account tab
                  • Right-click on your Sim101 account > Edit account
                  • For 'Risk', choose '<none>'
                  Hello

I believe NinjaTrader may have an error in the way the standard risk template is updated to the latest level. If you look in "Tools>Risk" you can see the "NinjaTrader Brokerage Default" template. If you go into "Database Management" and select "Update Risk Templates" I would have expected the default template to simply be updated under the same name but that is not what happens.
                  Instead an additional template is added which is a misspelt version of the original. It is called "NinjaTrbader Brokerage Default"
                  I am wondering if this is the cause of the random "order can't be submitted. No risk template defined" problem reported both in this thread and elsewhere. I have continued to experience this problem on random infrequent occasions and have never created my own risk templates. The securities I trade are all listed in the default template, I am using NinjaTrader Continuum data so there is no obvious reason for why I should be getting this error.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post

Hello

I believe NinjaTrader may have an error in the way the standard risk template is updated to the latest level. If you look in "Tools&gt;Risk" you can see the "NinjaTrader Brokerage Default" template. If you go into "Database Management" and select "Update Risk Templates" I would have expected the default template to simply be updated under the same name but that is not what happens.
                    Instead an additional template is added which is a misspelt version of the original. It is called "NinjaTrbader Brokerage Default"
                    I am wondering if this is the cause of the random "order can't be submitted. No risk template defined" problem reported both in this thread and elsewhere. I have continued to experience this problem on random infrequent occasions and have never created my own risk templates. The securities I trade are all listed in the default template, I am using NinjaTrader Continuum data so there is no obvious reason for why I should be getting this error.
                    Further to the details above I have now been able to recreate the ""order can't be submitted. No risk template defined" problem. I did a database update for the risk templates then shut down and restarted. On restart I can see two default templates, one correctly spelt and one incorrectly spelt as mentioned in my previous message. At this point orders were correctly accepted. I then deleted the misspelt template and immediately found I could still place orders. I then did a database update for the risk template and the misspelt template reappeared. Without shutting down and restarting I was unable to place orders and got the original error message first discussed in this thread.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. We're aware of this second risk template being created when you use the risk template update tool. The primary/correct risk template "NinjaTrader Brokerage Default' is still updated correctly. We're working on preventing this second template from being sent.

Comment

The Risk Template called NinjaTrbader Brokerage Default (sic) continues to exist. I believe it is an erroneous inclusion in the platform and should be deleted by NinjaTrader.

Thanks.
                        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                        jeronymite
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

The risk template "NinjaTrbader Brokerage Default" serves a purpose and should exist. If you're running into this posts exact symptom and message, it means you're trading an instrument that does is not defined in the risk template you've applied to your simulation account OR there is a duplicate risk template with the same or very similar name to the expected built-in risk template.

Can you clarify on which symptom discussed in this thread is relevant to your post? If you elaborate further on what you're actually experiencing, it will be easier to diagnose and resolve.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick. It would be very useful to document/explain the purpose of that Risk template. To the "uninformed" user (basically, that's everyone), it simply appears like a "typo" in a "test" template that has been forgotten and left in the distribution by mistake.

Thanks.
                            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                            jeronymite
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Risk templates are defined in the help guide here:You can also learn more about the Sim101 account here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader