City Index Gold CFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Index Gold CFD

I'm not getting any live updates on CityIndex for Gold CFDs. Furthermore, the trading hours template is acting strange. It only displays historical data for 14:30 - 21:00 BST (09:30-14:00 EST)

Gold Mini CFDs work ok.
    Attached Files

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Have you confirmed with City Index that your account is enabled for real-time data for CFDs? If not, please do so now and let me know what they report.
    If you right-click on your chart > Data series > Change 'Trading hours' to 'Default 24/7', do you see the data historically that you desire?

Comment

See responses below:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

• Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

No errors
      • Have you confirmed with City Index that your account is enabled for real-time data for CFDs? If not, please do so now and let me know what they report.

I am getting realtime updates - even on gold. But the historical data only covers the US Day session.
      If you right-click on your chart > Data series > Change 'Trading hours' to 'Default 24/7', do you see the data historically that you desire?

Changing Trading hours to 24/7 Makes no difference

Comment

In your City Index connection, is 'NinjaTrader historical data' enabled or disabled? To check, follow these steps:
        • Disconnect from all data feeds
        • Control Center > Connections > Configure
        • Select your City Index connection from the Configured list > is 'NinjaTrader historical data' enabled or disabled?
        If you reverse the current state > OK > Test the connection, does this historical data symptom persist?

Comment

Ninjatrader Historical Data was disabled it. I cleared all historical data and then enabled it: now I've got nothing, just the in-progress bar.
          Attached Files

Comment

This indicates that our historical data servers do not record this instrument. Go ahead and disable NinjaTrader Historical Data once again then disconnect/reconnect so data is pulled from City Index's servers.

If the data gap persists, please contact City Index directly and ask them why there appears to be missing historical data for that period of time. Please let me know what City Index reports.

Comment

They said there's no missing data at their end. Told me to look at the Instrument on their web trader platform. As you can see from the attached it looks normal. Ninjatrader's charts look nothing like this. Furthermore the prices are wrong. According to Ninjatrader Gold CFD is trading in the $214 region, when it should be over $1000
              Attached Files

Comment

Aha - Goldman Sachs. Good to know I can trade Equities CFDs in Ninjatrader but @Gold should be the metal not Goldman sachs. How can I edit this mapping?
                Attached Files

Comment

I am able to reproduce this on my end. I am passing this to the Development Team for review. I'll follow up when I have more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-18-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post chbruno