Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't get historical data from UPRO

Hi!

I am trying to run a strategy in the future and I can not access its historical data, but I can see the ticker in real time.
    I am using interactive brokers.
    I have contracted services to obtain this data.

Thanks

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • What interval is your strategy running on? For example, 5 minute, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, 1 day, etc.

Comment

8.0.18.1 64-bit. I don't see any errors, but the loading is infinite. The interval that I use is 1 minute

Comment

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "I can not access its historical data" and "the loading is infinite"?

Does this same symptom occur if you try using the built-in Sample MA Crossover strategy?

Comment

When I go to the chart and I try to graph UPRO in a range of dates 2013 - 2015(daily or minutes). It appears a loading that takes hours there and does not disappear. The data never ends loading

Comment

Ah, I see. The issue here is likely the known limitations of requesting historical data from Interactive Brokers. Their servers are comparably slow and long loading times is not unexpected when requesting a lot of historical data. You can read my about this limitation in the publicly available link that Interactive Brokers has provided on this topic:

TWS API v9.72: Historical Data Limitations

The only solution to your symptom would be using a data feed that does not have this limitation. One example would be Kinetick. You can learn more about our supported data providers here:

Comment

Thanks for your help !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238
              by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM