Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts IB

Hi!

I have a user in IB, and I have 2 friends with their respective IB accounts,
    how could the 3 users / accounts operate from NINJATRADER at the same time?

Thanks

First, I would recommend that you contact Interactive Brokers to ensure that you have permission to trade all three of these accounts.

Just to be clear about what you're asking, you want to operate three accounts which use three different sets of credentials in NinjaTrader? Or are you wondering how to get all three accounts under one set of login credentials? If neither, could you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish?

Comment

I am interested in the answer of two cases that they propose to me, to know which is the best way to operate with different IB accounts at the same time

Comment

The first step would simply be getting all three Interactive Brokers accounts connected to one instance of NinjaTrader. You did not directly address my clarifying question, so I will assume you'll have three sets of login credentials for these three separate accounts.

If you have multiple sets of logins, you would need to run multiple instances of Trader Workstation/Gateway and then connect all of them into NinjaTrader.
        1. Close NinjaTrader (if open)
        2. Start TWS
          1. If you have three accounts you'll need to start TWS three times with each account logged in.
        3. When TWS has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value.
          1. The default is 7496. Leave this as is for the first username.
          2. In the other instances of TWS, add 1 to this value for each additional connection
            1. For example, the second TWS would be 7497, the third TWS would be 7498, and so on. It is critical that each instance of TWS/each account has a unique port number
        4. Start NinjaTrader
        5. In your NinjaTrader connection for these accounts, match the port with what you specified in TWS for each account connection.
          1. https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
        6. Connect in NinjaTrader using Connections, you will do this three times for all three accounts
        Note: The Client ID can remain at default setting. Only port needs to be changed.

If you intend to trade live, you'll need a live license key. Please contact my colleagues at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com to learn more about your live license key options.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Today I had a doubt related to the question from the other day.

if I have 2 IB accounts with two different credentials, and I connect them to Ninjatrader.

How I connect Sim001 to IB1 and Sim002 to IB2.
          Last edited by 7robert; 07-15-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post CactusMan  
          Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post giulyko00