A very simple alert to test if it is working please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very simple alert to test if it is working please

I have tried, for 6 months, to make a simple alert.
    I have had no success yet.
    I have watched countless videos on youtube, including your very advanced 'simple alert' creation.
    I am not trying to launch a manned rocket to mars - i just want an alert to trigger if passing or touching a line - or hitting a price.
    Any of above will do.

Am very close to throw my 1k usd software in the bin and find an alternative.
    It is simply not good enough. Either I have to trade very very simple, position taken on mouseclick - or I have to spend a month or two to learn all the advanced features of NT8 - just to set a bloody simple alarm which other software can do with a simple mouseclick.
    forexample in tradingview - draw a line, add an alert. it is simple.. They dont have 200 windows I need to configure, edit, add, click on, and then it is still not working.

When I look in my log window, NT8 is disabling the alert the same second I enable it.

Comment

from my log window
      Attached Files

Comment

second part of log window
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried on simulation, which does not work here for some reason.
          I also tried on playback, which works.
          The alarms work on playback.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you have had with the alerts. Can you please send a screen shot of the alert settings in use?

Regarding the error, can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

I suggest trying the custom Price Alert or Label Ray Line With Alerts indicators to set the alerts. Many users find these helpful additions to setting alerts.

These indicators are publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d/price-alert/
            https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...e-with-alerts/

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
            1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes