Connecting to a live-feed data vendor that is not in the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to a live-feed data vendor that is not in the list

Hi. I'm shopping for a data vendor (real-time) and want to make sure I can connect a vendor that is not in the list in Connections > Configure. I see the option 'External', but the only fields are 'Connection name' and 'Connect on start up'. Where should go the username and password, and possibly other, vendor-specific fields?

Thanks and kind regards.

Hello Digibob,

Thank you for your post.

So that we may further assist, can you send us an email at PlatformSales[at]NinjaTrader.com with information on the data-feed provider you are attempting to use?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Thomas. Thanks for the reply and sorry for not being clear, I'm not attempting to use a specific data-feed provider as I don't have one yet, I'm just looking at provider websites. I want to make sure that when I do subscribe/purchase I'll be able to connect that provider to NT, and the first thing is to learn how it is done on NT, so I know what to look for on those websites.

Do I have to choose a data provider from the built-in list (IQFeed, Barchart, Continuum, etc.)? The reason for asking is because when I select 'External' (just to see), there are no fields for username/password. Then how would I connect an external provider? Or am I misinterpreting the term 'external'? My understanding of the subject is limited.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello digibob,

To receive data in NinjaTrader you will need to connect to an account with a supported data provider or brokerage.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher. Thanks for the link to the table. Should I take that to mean that a provider not listed cannot be used with NT?

I really would like to know what the option 'External' is, under Connections > Configure.

Thank you.

Comment

That's correct - the supported providers are listed in the link Chris provided. There are some additional providers available via the publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:

NinjaTrader supports multiple market data providers delivering access to futures, forex and stock data along with free EOD data through Kinetick.

The External Data Feed connection is a default connection installed with NinjaTrader. In combination with the DLL Interface, it provides 3rd party applications the ability to drive NinjaTrader with market data.

This connection targets those traders who have programming experience and wish to create a market data link between their charting or custom application and NinjaTrader which allows them to use the full functionality of NinjaTrader simulator. Please refer to the Ask and Bid functions of the DLL Interface.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. That helps.

Kind regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA