Confused: How to start to SIM trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused: How to start to SIM trade?

Is there a connection guide for Papertrading with International Brokers?

I have NT8 free demo and a Papertrading account with IB, and both are connected along with free demo data from CQG. I am confused as to where my data would come from and how to begin to sim trade?
    Is my paper-trading account with IB for real time demo trading and the replay function is only for past market data? if so how do I download the data for market replay?

For any past market data/market replay activity, when I sim trade, do I place orders through my IB papertrading account?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you for your note.

"Is there a connection guide for Papertrading with International Brokers?"

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

"I have NT8 free demo and a Papertrading account with IB, and both are connected along with free demo data from CQG. I am confused as to where my data would come from and how to begin to sim trade?"

You can configure the connection that will be used for each data type under Tools>Options>Market Data>Preferred>Connection. You can set the preferred connection for historical and real-time data. Here is the Multiple Connections Help Guide to assist you further.

"Is my paper-trading account with IB for real time demo trading and the replay function is only for past market data? if so how do I download the data for market replay?"

Yes, Here is the Playback - YouTube video tutorial to explain how to download, connect and replay market data in NinjaTrader 8.

Here is the Playback Help Guide to assist you in learning how to connect to Market Replay data.

Here is the Set Up Help Guide to show how to work with replay data and Understanding how the Playback feature works.

"For any past market data/market replay activity, when I sim trade, do I place orders through my IB papertrading account?"

When using market replay, orders are submitted to the Playback101 account. This is further explained in the Playback Help Guide.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for the detailed and quick response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes