Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What can I do if my internet connection fails in simulation or live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do if my internet connection fails in simulation or live?

If I am in simulation, my capital is updated for each trade performed. If I lose the connection, I can recover those traders by placing candles backwards, but the trades that were made with the fallen connection do not affect my capital. Any solution? Thanks

Hello 7robert,

Thank you for your post.

CRITICAL — If you lose connection during live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:I'm not certain what you mean by "recover those traders by placing candles backwards". Are these trades you're executing manually or are you using an automated strategy?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks for your information it was very useful. With an example it would be easier to explain myself.

I am simulating a strategy in minutes, each trade that is done will update my simulation capital, but if I lose the connection and return to run the strategy, my capital will not update with trades that have appeared while I was offline.

How could this be solved?

Comment

Hello 7robert,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are disconnected, your current account position will be maintained when you reconnect. When you enable a strategy, it's basically processing the historical data on your chart like you're running a backtest up until the most recent bar. These positions are shown on your chart for a few reasons:
        • Position or risk management - if the historical performance isn't ideal, you may want to stop the strategy from firing live orders right away.
        • Processing on historical data can help you manage your strategy should it be disabled and then restarted, for example, in case of a power outage or computer crash.
        • If your strategy is started in the middle of what would be a position it would have been in had it started earlier, it can help keep your strategy from making orders unexpectedly.
        When you reconnect and restart a strategy, how it then behaves will be based on the start behavior you've chosen for the strategy. You can learn more about the various start behaviors here:

Any trades that the strategy would have taken that it missed due to the disconnect will not be added to your account PnL because the strategy was not connected to execute the trades.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes