Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting correct trading hours

Hello,

I want to ask how one knows which trading-hours to select in the parameters to have the correct trading-hours for ZB, ZN, CL and GC.

Thank you!
    Tony

Every futures instrument in NinjaTrader has a default 'trading hours' template. You can view what trading hours template each instrument has applied by default by going to Tools > Instruments > Find and select the instrument you wish to view > Edit > Observe the 'Trading hours' property. Here is what the instruments you've listed use by default:
    • ZB - CBOT Interest Rate ETH
    • ZN - CBOT Interest Rate ETH
    • CL - Nymex Metals - Energy ETH
    • GC - Nymex Metals - Energy ETH
    These templates will be applied for these instruments in a chart as long as the chart's 'Trading hours' property is set to '<use instrument settings>'.

You can learn more about what days/hours/holidays these template contain by going to Tools > Trading hours. Here is a link with more information about Trading Hours:

Now to your root question - you ask what is 'correct'. This question is a bit subjective and would depend on exactly what you mean and what you're trying to accomplish. Are you implying that you believe these default settings to be wrong/incorrect? If so, could you elaborate?

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

What I do not understand is why with "use instruments settings" and "nymex metals - energy eth" it doesnt show for GC 8:20-13:30 and doesnt show for CL 9:00-14: 30 (both EST). It is plotting also hours outside these instrument times.

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

I do not experience this missing data when I load a CL or GC chart with default settings. I've created a chart with vertical lines at the time stamps you've mentioned that in-between there is no data:

This would indicate a local issue on your end (perhaps historical data or cache related). So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        • If you right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data', does the data fill in those gaps?

Comment

Hello,

sorry for inaccurate translation. I mean why it doesnt show only those trading hours of the instrument. What is the sense when selecting the trading hours and they show almost 24/5.

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

The hours would only be restricted if you choose a trading hours template in your chart's data series which restricts the data to those hours. It sounds like you may be interested in choosing one of the Nymex Metals RTH templates. I highly suggest that you view these templates by going to Tools > Trading Hours so you can see what hours they contain. If no trading hours template meets your exact needs, you can create your own. The link I provided in post #2 will provide more information about how to view/create trading hours templates.

Comment

Hello. Please check the Daily candlestick on the CBOT Interest Rate ETH for ZN ZF etc. The actual close of business is 5:00 pm ET(1700 hour). My trading hours templates/properties sessions chart says 5:00 pm ET end time. But it appears the daily candlestick is closing at the 1500 hours (3:00 pm) price as taken off the 60 minute chart and not the price at the close of the 1700 hours candlestick on the 60 minute chart. If I'm wrong, please advise. (BTW The Daily candlestick's opening price seems accurate.) Thanks

Comment

Hello steveg ​,
                Thank you for your post.

Please email us right from the NinjaTrader platform (by going to Help-> Email Support), and attach a screenshot of your chart. Plus attach your log and trace files. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files.​ So we may look into what occurred.

Thank you!​​​​​​
                Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post r68cervera  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                0 responses