Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Unable to startup

Hello,

I am having an odd trouble with NT8. It has run normally for quite some time, but a few days ago I started experiencing an issue where the program starts to open and then gets stuck with some of the windows of the last workspace that was used open but not responding (the mouse pointer stays in the waiting/busy circle for ever and everything is frozen).

I have tried rebooting the computer, starting up with and without internet connection, using the 32-bit version instead of 64-bit and even uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version. None worked.

I would appreciate any type of guidance since this is really worrying. I am attaching log file in case it helps.

Thanks and best regards.
    Attached Files

It got fixed (apparently) by erasing the workspace file from the folder in Documents. Luckily that workspace was not worth much, so I can happily let it go to restore the system. However I am worried that this may happen again. Are there any probable causes? Thx.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post,

Glad to hear a new workspace was able to function. This is usually an indication the workspace is too CPU-intensive for your PC, or some conflict in the setup caused an issue. I suggest applying our Performance Tips to your workspace, as they will be able to improve the behavior you're seeing along with testing individual indicators or custom items in a new workspace should the issue reccour.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eric,

Is there a way to "troubleshoot" or restore the workspace in some way to try to fix it in case that the affected workspace is not expendable? (I mean, other than running a full backup restore).

Thanks again,.

Comment

Hello user1986,

Thank you for your post.

In NinjaTrader 8.0.15.1 and later there is a new "Restore workspace" feature.

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
          1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
          2. Select "Restore workspace"
          3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
          4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
          5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
          Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
          9 responses
          1 like
          Last Post Gavini
          by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM
          0 responses