Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing workspace, error messages, lots of problems

Hi,

I m getting this message when I try to download or reload XRPUSD from coinbase. Also, i only get 2 decimal digits when its set to four. NT doesn't record live data with XRPUSD, but does the default cryptos.

Error on executing DB command: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): A foreign key value cannot be inserted because a corresponding primary key value does not exist. [ Foreign key constraint name = FK__Strategy2Order__0000000000000403 ] at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResult s(Int32 hr) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteComman dText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteComman d(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQue ry() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.StrategyBase.DbAdd() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.StrategyBase.DbUpdate() at NinjaTrader.Cbi.DB.DBThread()

I use version 16.3 because its the only one that will work with my strategies with cryptocurrency. The new updates wont allow me to start the strategy with cryptocurrency, others i can.

Every time i shutdown and reopen NT8 I lose all my workspace and strategies setup. There is a white box says something about database error and i select ignore to continue, otherwise wont finish start.

These issues are extremely frustrating. I've tried reinstalling and importing backups. I am afraid to try anything because I'll lose my workspace again and Ill have to reenter everything.

Thanks,
    Erik

Hello ericson,

Thanks for posting.

As the error is related to your database, I suggest renaming your database file to troubleshoot further. This will cause NinjaTrader to create a new database file. All of your trade history will be stored in that database file in case you want to go back, but you will have a clean database file without trade history after renaming your DB file.

Please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db folder and rename "NinjaTrader.sdf" to "NinjaTraderOLD.sdf." Please then restart NinjaTrader and you should not be met with the database errors anymore.

Could you elaborate on why you are using 8.0.16.3 and why you cannot use newer versions of NinjaTrader? If the issue is seen with strategies you are using, what exactly isn't working anymore? Is this a strategy you have written?

Could you also elaborate on your workspace issue? If you save your workspace manually from the Control Center's Workspaces menu only when you are done making changes and being sure not to save workspaces when you close NinjaTrader, do you still experience this issue? I generally recommend this workflow to avoid situations where a workspace is accidentally saved with components removed.

If you are still seeing this issue on the current version taking these steps, please update to the current supported version of NinjaTrader 8.0.18.1 so we can continue troubleshooting. Please also send me your log and trace files at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Please include the text "ATTN Jim" and a link to this thread.

Download - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Attaching Log and Trace files

Please follow the steps below to send us your log and trace files.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I emailed you. Here is my comment just for community reference.

The database reset worked. It fixed the errors and now I get my workspace back. However, I added XRPUSD instrument, added my custom strategies and when I restart I get "Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when NT8 loads up. Also when I try to delete XRPUSD instrument i get same message. I am still using same NT version.

Comment

Hello,

I can load BTCUSD, ETHUSD 15 minute charts, but when I try XRPUSD I get nothing. Is this expected? No historical data, only live data?

Regards
        Ulises
        ulisesguerrero
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Thrifty Coders

Comment

Hello Ulises,

Thanks for your post.

This symbol does not come standard in the NinjaTrader database. Please ensure that "XRP-USD" is entered for the CryptoCurrency's Instrument Symbol map. Please also ensure that a separate XRPUSD CryptoCurrency is created and you are not using the XRPUSD CFD.

Editting Instruments - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Also to note, historical data will not be fetched from NinjaTrader's historical data servers for this symbol. Please uncheck Use NinjaTrader Historical Data Servers when setting up the Coinbase connection.

ericson, this sounds like an issue with that may be thrown from a custom script. Could you write back to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files if the issue is persisting?

We look forward to being of further assistance.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The issues have been resolved after updates and reinstalling everything like custom scripts from scratch. I haven't used XRP symbol though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aa731